Removing Macerating Toilet - Parkliner - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-03-2021, 04:07 PM   #1

Name: Huck
Trailer: ParkLiner
Virginia
Removing Macerating Toilet - Parkliner

I have a freshwater leak that I think is coming from the freshwater input to the macerating toilet. The instruction I got from Aaron is cut the sealant at the base and rear and remove the 2 screws.

I could use some first-hand experience from someone who has done this. I am at Cape Hatteras camping and need to know if this is doable while camping or will I need to put it in the shop?

I turned off the water pump and drained water from the kitchen faucet to remove any built-up pressure. Since I did that, the water leak has stopped. I pour water in the toilet to flush and that doesn't cause any leak, which is why I think it must be the freshwater input to toilet that is leaking.
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 09:36 AM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Do you have the instruction book for the toilet? It may give you a clue.
Where does the water show up?
In the closet space in the right front corner, where the water lines are?
Or in the bathroom?
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 12:49 PM   #3

Virginia
I decided to jump in and give it a try. I had the number of someone to call who had experience with macerating toilets if I need a contractor.

I cut the caulk with a razor knife. The purpose of the caulk is to keep the shower water from getting under the toilet, so just a bathroom caulk is probably good enough.

To loosen the 2 screws, I used a small ratcheting screw driver. You might be able to do it with a short Philips head screw driver, but a small ratcheting screw driver worked well.

I twisted the toilet back and forth and found some more caulk that needed to be cut. Then I was able to slide the toilet out a few inches. There is limited access unless you disconnect everything. Fortunately, the fresh water connection is fairly easy to access without having to disconnect everything.

I turned on the water pump and checked to see if the fresh water intake was leaking. It was. I bought a new hose, installed it, turned the water pump on, and the leak seems to be fixed.

One problem. The poop tube connects to the toilet and goes down through the wood subfloor and then all the way over to a t connector where the shower drain connects. When Parkliner installed it, they connected it to the toilet first, tie wrapped it tightly to the underside of the trailer, and then connected to the T connector. The result is when the toilet is moved, the poop tube, in my case, pulled off the toilet. The other possibility is you won't be able to move the toilet because the poop tube holds it in place.

I had to disconnect the tube at the t connector, cut all the tie wraps, pull a couple of inches of slack so I could reconnect it to the toilet.

The toilet was fairly easy to line up and the screws went in with no problem.

A couple drops of water have leaked out since I did the repair. I think this is leftover water, but I will monitor it today and caulk tomorrow if no more leaks.
Old 10-05-2021, 10:50 AM   #4

Virginia
Make sure the hose clamp that holds the poop line to the macerator is very tight. The macerator is sending the "mixture" out with a lot of force. I had to put the line on by feel and I hadn't tightened it quite enough. I tightened it today and that took care of the small leak.

The original leak was the freshwater hose leaking, but when I put things back together I didn't tighten the macerator hose clamp quite enough. So fixed one problem but created another. Both are fixed now. Tomorrow I will caulk the toilet to create a seal.

Tags
parkliner, vin