Renovating a 71 Eco - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-08-2020, 01:40 PM   #61

Name: Carter
Trailer: Eco
Kansas
At least with a non-pro visual inspection it all appears to be fine, but who knows? I wouldn't trust it, myself, but I'd also happily give it to someone who could use it -- with some assurance that they won't blow themselves up.
Old 01-08-2020, 03:23 PM   #62

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Your call. Just wanted you to know that they do have value, and some are still in service.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 03:54 PM   #63

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Curious if it is legal to sell that heater. I know in Canada there are baby cribs and other furniture that are illegal to sell even at a garage sale. This is because of deaths and injuries to children.
Personally, I'd crush it. May lose a couple dollars that way, but you won't get sued for knowingly selling a dangerous item.
Old 01-09-2020, 11:15 AM   #64

Kansas
Kansas tends to be pretty shrug-ish about such things, but honestly, I doubt I'd sell it anyway. I might give it away, with a clear understanding that I have no idea if it works or what it would take to make it work, that you're on your own, and I really don't recommend even looking at it unless you know what you're doing.

There's also a good possibility I'll resort to the Large Hammer method of extraction and there won't be much left

I am kinda surprised that a one-line comment about the heater has attracted so much more response and interest than that new upholstery, though.
Old 01-22-2020, 04:11 PM   #65

Name: Nancy
Trailer: boler
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
One more pic, since I put in the backsplash and test fit the countertop over the lunch hour.

How did you attach your backsplash? Is it the thin vinyl smart tiles or a glass tile? Looks great and I have tiles that look similar but are metal about 1/8th inch thick. Looks great so far. After a year of medical issues with hubby I hope to get back to my project shortly.
Nancy F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 04:34 PM   #66

Kansas
I mentioned it a ways back, but I mounted the plastic faux-glass tiles onto a sheet of flexible plexiglass in my kitchen. That let me make sure they were all straight and nice in a more controlled environment, and also provided a rigid backing to go over the wires and any other deformities without showing on the tile. Then I mounted the plexiglass using a strong double-sided tape.
Old 01-22-2020, 06:58 PM   #67

Name: Nancy
Trailer: boler
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
I mentioned it a ways back, but I mounted the plastic faux-glass tiles onto a sheet of flexible plexiglass in my kitchen. That let me make sure they were all straight and nice in a more controlled environment, and also provided a rigid backing to go over the wires and any other deformities without showing on the tile. Then I mounted the plexiglass using a strong double-sided tape.

Thank you I missed it earlier.
Nancy F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 02:33 PM   #68

Kansas
no worries! there's a lot, and I maybe glossed over a lot of things, too.

Tags
boler