73 boler owner from Saskatchewan Bill B - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-07-2019, 08:51 PM   #1

Name: Bill
Trailer: 1973 Boler
Canada
73 boler owner from Saskatchewan Bill B

hello i'm a boler owner that will be looking for help as i restore a boler that was laid over on it side

have already stripped out all the interior fixtures and have started the body repair process
Bill B Estevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 01:15 PM   #2

Name: Steven
Trailer: '79 Boler
on Ontario
Registry
Haven't needed to do repairs of that nature but have some experience with the work done inside our Boler - http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ler-90495.html
steve67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 02:05 PM   #3

Trailer: 13 ft Boler
Registry
Welcome Bill!
I lived in Saskatoon for my first 54 years.
Seeing as you have already started I'm sure you've thought about retaining the shape.
Depending on the amount of damage you may want to support the shape during any glass repair. Also ensure the interior pieces fit during any glass work.
We love pics!
Fred
FRED SMAILES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 07:07 AM   #4

Name: Duane
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
New Brunswick
73 Boler owner from Saskachawan Bill B

Hi I just wanted to suggest you make a few plywood or paneling templates of the undamaged side of the trailer to use for checking the repairs you are making. It may help avoid alignment issues later and make the repair look better when you are finished. Duane
getaway1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 09:26 PM   #5

Name: Bill
Trailer: 1973 Boler
Canada
the only structural damage was the moulding flange down the drivers side and thousands of scratches through the gel coat so I'm not too concerned about any changes in body shape but to be safe i had already put in a jack post on the driver side as i removed the cabinetry just to be safe. in the last month i have been busy filling holes and scratches and reinforcing stressed corners and lots of little fixes that don't add up to anything but take lots of time, like taking all upholstery apart and making patterns to sew new covers or filling in all the screw holes from all the signal & clearance lights . Getting to the point where i have to buy Plexiglas for Jalousie windows,new door latch, gel coat, foam , upholstery cloth,new signal and clearance lights
Bill B Estevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 08:06 AM   #6

Name: Steven
Trailer: '79 Boler
on Ontario
Registry
"Getting to the point where i have to buy Plexiglas for the Jalousie windows"

You may want to consider Lucite rather than Plexiglas as it is slightly more resistant to sun light issues ... as I understand it.

Worth investigating for yourself before you buy.
steve67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler