Fabric Cover for the Oxygen trailers? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2018, 11:52 AM   #1

Name: Phoebe
Trailer: Oxygen
Oregon
Fabric Cover for the Oxygen trailers?

Hello- Question for fellow Oxygen owners: Have any of you found a fabric cover that works, can be slightly altered to work? Any recommendations would be hugely appreciated! Thank you!
phoebeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 10:36 AM   #2

Name: john
Trailer: Bigfoot B 17 deluxe
British Columbia
Hello ...... I would love to have a cover for our Oxygen as well ..... I'll stay tuned for more info. BUT I'm suspecting this may be a custom job !!! BTW are you attending the North Oregon meet at Fort Stevens , April of next year ... I'll be in M 36 ... I wonder how many Oxygens will be there ??????? ..... Question .... in the storage under the seat right of the door my rig has a Propane outlet installed .... is this after market or stock ????? any idea ??? Save the trees.. produce more Oxygens ......... cheers
Corbett Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 12:06 PM   #3

Name: Paul
Trailer: Bonair
Ontario
Registry
Propane Outlet in Oxygen is standard equipment

Hi John,

Congratulations on your purchase.

The propane outlet under the seat to the right of the door is standard equipment.
grimjed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 12:16 PM   #4

Ontario
Registry
Fabric Cover for Oxygen

Hi Phoebe,

If you mean an outdoor cover for the entire trailer you may consider checking out a marine shop for boat covers. Alternately there are companies that will shrink-wrap boats in plastic for winter storage. Either way it's very expensive. A cheaper way may be to attach several tarps together.

If you referring to bed covers... that's a different story..
Old 07-26-2018, 12:40 PM   #5

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
A good coat of wax every six months fits every trailer perfectly.
Old 07-26-2018, 02:20 PM   #6

British Columbia
Thnx. Paul ..... Do you know how that propane line is connected to the supply from the bottle ??????? Can't see how that system works ... cheers,, john
Old 07-26-2018, 04:50 PM   #7

Oregon
Smile

Thanks all! We are waxing every six months, but the Pacific NW winters when you live in the city and don't currently have other options make it so that wax is not enough for us. We are currently doing the multiple tarp business, but a trailer fan neighbor suggested we look at the one-size-fits most type of covers at one of the big RV chain stores. Got me wondering! Paul- thank you for always being so helpful! We've taken the Oxy out 5x since buying it last fall and fixing it up. And, that is a lot for us with a small kid.

John- I think we might try to get to Fort Stevens! Still trying to figure out schedules with our jobs, but fingers are crossed!
Old 07-26-2018, 04:57 PM   #8

I'm on the North Shore of Vancouver under the Capilano cloud. Trailer lives under a cedar tree.
Last time I was out with the trailer, a fellow asked me if it was new. It was 9 years old.
I don't have the aggravation of covering and uncovering the trailer, but I do have a son-in-law who loves to polish cars. He does his car, my car, and occasionally the trailer.
That's me reflected in the trailer, drinking a beer and watching him work.
Attached Thumbnails
steve polish.jpg   Steven polish.jpg  

Old 07-26-2018, 05:00 PM   #9

Oregon
Nice shot Glenn! So glad you're happy with your waxing. Also, trailers this pretty should be buffed and shiny, right?

My partner and I would still LOVE to hear from any Oxygen owners that have found a solution that I am asking for- specifically a cloth cover. thanks again!
Old 07-26-2018, 05:10 PM   #10

Name: Daniel A.
Trailer: Bigfoot 17.0 1991 dlx
British Columbia
Registry
You likely live no more than a mile or two from me Glenn, I wax once a year twice if the weather holds.

Dan
Daniel A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 05:28 PM   #11

British Columbia
Hello ... I'm over on Pender Island .. just put a coat of wax on my Oxygen(Mcguires ?) ......... what brand of wax do you both use ????? Any better than the others????? ...... Cheers ....... Would be fun to head down to the NOGathering together in April .............. cheers john
Old 07-26-2018, 05:56 PM   #12

Not sure what my son-in-law prefers, but when I just wash the trailer, I use Simonize Wash and Wax solution.
Old 07-26-2018, 07:05 PM   #13

Name: Daniel A.
Trailer: Bigfoot 17.0 1991 dlx
British Columbia
Registry
I use Nu Finish from Canadian Tire it is highly rated.
Daniel A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 09:09 PM   #14

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
go to the thrift store or buy some kingsize bed sheets for cheap on the internet and make your own pattern for a fabric cover. Once you have the pattern you can get someone to sew a cover for you. The hardest part is handling the bulk of the fabric when sewing the seams. The professional canvas sewers have machines with a long or high arm to help them with that. But you can manage it by using a lighter weight material and planning out the work in sections.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 09:34 PM   #15

Name: Daniel
Trailer: Sold it
Northern VA
Shrink wrap is good for long term storage. I've done tarps before but wind and sun will wear them down. Waxing a trailer is a good way to protect the gelcoat from oxidizing. You could do what boaters do and get some marine grade Sunbrella for any exterior canvas.
Dan-NS27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 12:13 PM   #16

Ontario
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbett Road View Post
Thnx. Paul ..... Do you know how that propane line is connected to the supply from the bottle ??????? Can't see how that system works ... cheers,, john
John,

Look under the trailer. If it's like mine there's a propane line from the front of the trailer where the propane cylinders sit on the tongue that connects to a T-connector. One branch goes to the propane line, the other feeds the fridge and the stove.
Old 08-01-2018, 01:09 PM   #17

Name: Michael
Trailer: Former Scamp 13, Former Airstream 16
Connecticut
I've had good luck with custom covers from Covercraft.

https://www.covercraft.com/us/en/pro...r-cover.C-CCHP

Not inexpensive, but I've been really pleased with 2 covers that have made for me.

If they don't have an existing pattern, you'll need to send them measurements for a quote. The unique shape of the Oxygen might require a bit more explanation.
pedalmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 01:58 PM   #18

Name: sylvie
Trailer: Bonair oxygen
Quebec
Cover bonair oxygen

Classic accessoires polypropylène III 13-16

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
sylviedulac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 10:27 PM   #19

Name: Darlene
Trailer: Bonair Oxgyen
British Columbia
Registry
Sylvie - does the 16’ Classic cover fit the Oxygen (is the cover long enough). Thanks!
Datkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 05:46 AM   #20

Name: sylvie
Trailer: Bonair oxygen
Quebec
yes, I have an oxygen trailer and the cover fits perfectly.
Attached Thumbnails
19BB7316-E06F-4154-A485-0A25330E42B8.jpg  
sylviedulac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
oxygen