Travels with Ian, Paddy & Gypsy with Rubea II - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 08:27 PM   #1

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I am on a distribution list from Ian, Paddy and Gypsy. They're sending out messages about their travels and including pictures when they can. They seem to be responsive to sharing this info...so, I'm going to start this topic, copy 'n paste from the message and share with everyone

In order to not clutter the topic, I'll lock it after every posting. I'll post when I receive something. If you care to respond...use the Escape 5.0 has Hatched topic...okay
Hello to you all:

Welcome to the Rubea II travel file.

I promised you photographs but everyone is ahead of me and posting their own.

We are presently near Glide, Oregon with Mike and Nancy who are very generous and caring hosts. We depart tomorrow for Grants Pass and then an overnight somewhere in northern California. We then expect to move on to the Bakersfield area where we will overnight at Bear Mountain, if my memory is correct.

Rubea II is towing very well and I am learning the ins and outs of towing a 5th wheel (look out for curbs and be careful pulling into service stations. 5th wheels follow in a smaller circle than the tow vehicle).

Today I will hang curtains in the bed area and just get things a bit more organized from our rushed pack up last week. Customs were kind to us this trip and we only lost two potatoes. We were allowed to keep our small bag of Canadian dog food so Gypsy has not had to go hungry. We will stock the fridge and the pantry (Paddy loves the big fridge and the pantry) tomorrow as we head out of Roseburg.

The sun is shining and the forecast is for good weather, so Rubea II may get an overdue wash and be much more presentable as we travel through California.

Happy trails to you all

Ian, Paddy, Gypsy and Rubea II
Old 01-25-2007, 08:33 PM   #2

Hi to you all:

We are in "The Lakes RV and Golf Resort" in Chowchilla, Ca. I must admit, this is an upscale RV Park with wrought iron gates, fountains in the pool, hot tubs etc. My wife knows how to pick them and I just signed the 2nd mortgage papers to stay here, It is the only RV park on highway 99 between Stockton and Bakersfield that was near any place by the time I was too tired to drive any further and Paddy says the washrooms are a 10+, what else is important????

My apologies to Thane in Bakersfield who made reservations for us and we just could not get that far today. Thane, you were very gracious when I phoned and said we could not make it that far. I do hope we meet at Desert Hot Springs. The Bar-B-Q will be hot and the beer cold if you can make it.

To Jim and Terry in Vancouver, WA., we are sorry to have missed you but we will come back that way in early May and hope to meet you at that time. Please stay in touch.

You did ask for photos so here are some more:

I did ask Reace to include some outside lighting. He complied, as he always does. This is a natural light shot of the sewer, water and power connections at Redding RV Park. I was able to do all my hook ups without having to use a flashlight. It is worth the extra few dollars.

Name:   Hookup.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  43.3 KB

What good is a bed without a dog on it. Gypsy is the boss but does allow us to use the bed at the appropriate times, say 9:30 PM until about 7:30 AM. The queen size bed is great, even though we snuggle close, as all you who "dare to be cozy" do.

Name:   Gypsy.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  44.3 KB

If I was computer literate this large image would not have happened. I'm not and here it is. An interior shot showing Paddy enjoying the ambience of our "U" shaped dinette.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Paddy.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	6193

I read in the FiberglassRV forum comments on the awning mounting. Here is a shot of the rear top mount. The fiberglass has been shaped to accept the awning and give it full and rigid support.

Name:   Awning1.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  3.3 KB

The same comments apply to bottom mounting. I apologize for the dirt, but Rubea II heads for the showers tomorrow.

Name:   AwningBottom.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  4.5 KB

The top mounts also allow support for the aluminum poles that support the optional bug room, a must for most parts of North America in the summer.

Name:   AwningTop.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  3.0 KB

I spoke to Natalie at Escape Trailers today to discuss the "awkwardness" of the overhead cabinets in the bed area. No longer a problem. Reace has redesigned the cabinets and the doors to make everything easy to use. Pictures to follow when they are available.

If all goes well we will be in Desert Hot Springs tomorrow afternoon.

Traveling to the sun is quite a chore but somebody has to do it so we will do our best to enjoy the palm trees, hot tubs and warm lazy evenings.

Happy trails, Ian, Paddy, Gypsy and Rubea II
Old 01-28-2007, 08:03 PM   #3

Hello to you all:

We have been "off line" for a few days and do not have wi-fi in our park. We will stay in touch every few days as we either find a "hot spot" or go to an internet site.

We are now in Desert View Mobile Home Park in the Desert Hot Springs area. The weather is cool at night but a very pleasant 21 degrees C or about 72 degrees F. We are not complaining. The first photo tells you why we are here. We are doing our best to be "snowbirds" and Rubea II is a great help in allowing us to achieve that goal.

Good Sam is still smiling.

Name:   JoshuaTree.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  7.1 KB

Rubea II in the desert with a Joshua tree to park under.

Name:   JoshuaTree_2.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  10.0 KB

We have found that Rubea II is a bit off a scrapper. She took on a mail box while I was backing her up. The score is mail box "0" Rubea II "1". I do need a bit more practice in backing her up. Unhitching was easy and I can only say "thank you" to Reace for the dual electric jacks. Today was wash day and both truck and Rubea II now sparkle.

Our next big event is the "Warm up from Winter" rally just south of here near the Salton Sea. We arrive there on Feb.9 and depart on the Feb.12.

We would like to keep hearing from you as we approach your home state. Anyone who would like to see us here send us an e-mail. We will get our mail and respond every 4-5 days.

Happy Trails to you all,

Ian, Paddy, Gypsy and a sparkling Rubea II
Old 02-05-2007, 09:32 AM   #4

Hello to you

Congratulations must go out to Mark and Karel Brumfield of Washington State who have placed an order for an Escape 5.0. Congratulations also to Brenda and Norland Hoefer of Oregon who will pick up their new 5.0 in April. Please let us know the names of your new rigs. Rubea II needs to know if she is getting brothers or sisters. The bad news is Escape Trailers is now taking orders for delivery in July, so they are getting busy!

We had a great visit from Dennis and Dottie from Minnesota this AM. They are currently towing a twenty two year 17' 5th wheel and are looking for a replacement. Thank you to both of you for extending your trip and visiting with us.

We had our first dinner guests last night. Four of us sat at the table and enjoyed bar-b-q'ed pork tenderloin, baked apples with cranberries, sauteed green beans and garlic mashed potatoes. The wine cellar in Rubea II was opened and we all toasted to warm winters and happy trails. Dinner was followed by a dessert of ice cream with fresh blueberries, mint chocolate and a liberal dose of Kahlua. We then played two rounds of "Sequence" with the final score: men 1, ladies 1

Name:   IMGP1888.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  73.7 KB

Margaret, David and Paddy with good appetites! There was plenty of room for me.

Rubea II gets her tan in the warm (80 degrees F) California sun. The awning is out and the "flag" is flying. It did feel strange to open an awning that is on an angle but is straight when it is extended. It works well and is very easy to open and close.

Name:   IMGP1890.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  72.3 KB

Rubea II is cozy. Tonight will be #14 in Rubea II. Only about 98 nights to go before we are home.

Dwain asked us to make comparisons between Rubea II and Rubea I (our Escape 17'). The big difference is the amount of space we now have because the bed is over the truck box. We do not have to take the bed apart to entertain.

Reace seems to have tucked storage space into every possible space. The pantry is wonderful. All that space to store our food and our pots and pans. The 5.0 fridge has not been filled yet and the wine cellar will hold 18 bottles of wine (Rubea I held a paltry 12 bottles). The dance floor is a bit bigger, but not much. Really close dancing is a must and who's complaining?

From Paddy's point of view: "cozy is so right, that is still a big feature! Yes, it does seem as 'tho the trailer has doubled in size, because we can now entertain, which we didn't before, it being more important to us to have the bed made up all the time, and to use the small table at the other end for meals, cribbage, etc. in Rubea I. Re: the bed, I had to crawl over Ian in the night! But, that held us in very good stead for almost two years.

Name:   IMGP1895.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  71.7 KB

However, because we now stay in southern Cal. for over two months, being able to have people in has become more of a priority over time. Bad weather is also a factor there. We chose the U-shaped dining area and love it, others may prefer the traditional type of table. So we are going to have to tweak the table in Rubea II to get it the way we need, but don't anticipate any problems there. And actually we now have a bigger table than before, so killed two birds with one stone.

The new fridge is huge, and it is great to have a bigger freezer for ice cream! The storage in Rubea II is great, and the larger bathroom means less "leaning" to get all that business accomplished and to stand up straight afterwards. Night-times of course were the challenge. The new dimmer switch has made a big difference too, it is not so bright in there. The small corner sink in the bathroom allows us each to have our own area for doing teeth, etc.

The coat closet is larger, and the pantry is fantastic in Rubea II. We have four sections in there to use.

In the bed area, we each have a lengthy cupboard to put personal items.

Ian wanted a higher counter for maximum closet space and for the cupboard under it to be as large as it could be. The counter is high, but is in line with the bed, great for putting all sorts of stuff on it eg. meds, water, etc. It looks good and is a boon for taller people as well.

The queen size bed is a big change, we have gone from 48" to queen size. And we can still sit up and read in bed in Rubea II!

The new step when you go out the door of Rubea II is excellent, very stable and secure.

I am too short for the mirror over the fridge, so we do need one to hang in the bathroom.

The new bigger sink is terrific, and so is the longer spout.

The grey and black tanks are larger in our new fifth wheel.

We will report again when we return from the rally next weekend in La Quinta, near the Salton Sea. We hear that 36 fiberglass trailers will be there!

Happy Trails

Paddy, Ian,Gypsy and Rubea II.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:15 AM   #5

Hello to you all:

We were on the road again this weekend as Paddy, Gypsy, Rubea II and me head off to Lake Cahuilla in La Quinta just west of the Salton Sea. We are there for the “Warm up From Winter” rally. Thank you to Maggie, her husband and all those that put the rally together.

Our drive was only about an hour but it was taken with some trepidation as it was my first chance to do a solo “hook up” with the 5th wheel. The last hook up was done at the Escape factory with Reace guiding me through each step. I must admit, hooking up a 5th wheel is so easy you feel you must have forgotten something. I did have to juggle the pin height a small amount but the electric jacks made it easy. I know now the pin height should be 48" for our truck so the hook up to leave Lake Cahuilla was very easy.

Here you can see that very nice “crooked but straight” awning. A cinch to put out and no need for tie down straps as the arms are securely fastened to the side of the 5.0. We did have high wind on Sunday PM. It made sense to simply fold up the awning rather than brave the very gusty and extremely dusty wind.

Name:   1.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  80.9 KB

Those are the Coral Mountains in the background

Name:   2.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  79.9 KB

Has Paddy told you how much she loves her pantry? There is still room for one more shelf to take our large frying pan lid.

Name:   3.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  72.7 KB

The stairs hide the propane tanks. The bottom step lifts out for storage of large items and the cupboard door above the second step is 51" by 11" by 10". The square door on the right is 18" by 18" by 22 and provides great storage for bedding, towels, out of season clothing etc.

Name:   4.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  70.6 KB

No more fighting over one sink, although I do get the small one.

Name:   5.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  63.2 KB

The front of Rubea II is very clean and easy to keep clean. It the top left corner of this picture you can see one of the “pontoons” that drain condensation away from the living area of the trailer and provide structural strength to the 5.0 body.

Name:   6.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  67.8 KB

We were met at the rally by a group of fibreglass trailer owners who were anxious to see the first 5.0.

Gene was first to take peeks in all Rubea’s nooks and crannies. He also had scales to measure the hitch weight. We came in at 705 pounds on the pin which is well within the limits of any small or medium truck.

Paddy and I have to say “tanks a lot” to Reace and his crew. After 3 nights and 4 days our gray and black tanks were only half full. The larger tanks in the 5.0 are great.

The folks her in Desert View Park are all pleased to see the mailbox survived my backing up this time. It is getting easier but it is different to backing up the Escape 17' trailer.

Gina D., we missed you. We do hope we can get together before we depart for points east in late March.

A question for all of you. I have not been keeping notes and although I know we are to meet a number of you along the way I do not know where you all are from. If you can send me a brief e-mail and tell me where we hope to meet I will then make notes and advise you as we get near your location.

We will be staying put for awhile so not a lot of travels until late March. If we do a dry camp in Joshua Tree National Park we will post some photos. Feel free to fire any questions at me.

Happy Trails to you all,

Old 02-18-2007, 05:05 AM   #6

Hello to you all:

We are having a very easy day on 92 degree weather with a light breeze. The Maxxfan is keeping the inside of Rubea II at a comfortable 79 degrees. We have not tried the A/C as yet but getting close.

We’ve been asked about storage in the 5.0 and in our truck box. The 5th wheel hitch does take up a major part of the truck box. I did have an aluminum box installed in the box near the cab. That does provide a surprising amount of storage space. Reace also tucked many storage compartments both inside and outside on Rubea II. We have not yet found need for all the space in the 5.0 but do need a secure space in which we can lock our lounge chairs. I will probably purchase or build a storage box across the back of the box. It could be at least 58"x21"x9".

Reace has also enlarged all of the cupboard openings so that the doors overlap the openings by about a 1/4". This is far better than what we had in our Escape 17' trailer. The cupboards are much more accessible. I also need to place a shelf in the large storage area by the clothes closet. At present it is a big catch-all.

About the hitch weight in the box. It is 705 lbs. I have not yet been over scales but I do know we are only about 600 lbs heavier than our Escape 17'. The 5.0 does not feel any heavier in towing and our gas mileage is very close to what we got with the 17'. We are averaging about 15 mpg on the US gallon. If we do weigh about 3200 lbs then the axle should be carrying 2500 lbs and it is rated at 3500 lbs. I have measured form axle hub to the rear bumper and get 5', from the hub to the hitch pin is 14' 6". About 1/3 of the trailer is behind the axle and 2/3 in front. I'm not sure what all these numbers mean but I feel all the weights are well below the designed limits of the axle, the tires, the truck rear axle, and the towing capacity of the truck. I hope that helps you Dennis. I will get to a scale when there is a chance (not too long a line of semis).

We are in to Camping World on Tuesday to have airbags installed in the rear of the truck. I simply want to bring the truck level again so our headlights don't blind drivers and to take out the bounce we get on rough roads. I will let you know how they work once we try them out.

A final note, the 5.0 cubic foot fridge is great. We have not yet had it filled and it carries enough "goods" for at least 4 days, including and decent size tub of ice cream. What more could you ask for?

I think we are now up to date.

Happy Trails to you all, Ian, Paddy, Gypsy and Rubea II
Old 02-27-2007, 08:18 PM   #7

Our messages are a bit sparse at the present time as we are simply enjoying the ambience of the Palm Springs Area and entertaining friends from Gabriola Island.

We are hoping to meet Gina D. while in this area as we missed her at the rally a couple of weeks ago.

Any excuse for a party. Valentines Day was warm and sunny as was Paddy when she awoke to her card and her roses.

Name:   IMGP1995_3.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  20.1 KB

What a smile!

Our next excuse for a party was last night's Oscar awards.

I had planned a to bar-be-que a roast beef but 40 mph winds kept blowing out the bar-be-que. We moved indoors and the roast was cooked in red wine in a deep fry pan. We served braised beef, mashed potatoes, al dente green beans and brussels sprouts with a liberal serving of deep brown gravy and mushrooms. The meal was paired with a lovely red wine. Desert was butter pecan ice cream, fresh blueberries, sliced strawberries, dark chocolate and an ounce of Kahlua.

Rubea II's kitchen was put to the test and came through with flying colours.

Name:   IMG_0645_3.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  30.7 KB

Dinner is served and there was room for me.

Name:   IMGP1997_3.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  19.2 KB

The TV may look small, but I had to use my wide angle lens to get in the relaxed position of four happy campers. To all you who dare to be cozy, it can be done and it is enjoyed.

We rocked and rolled all of last night as winds of 40-50 mph blustered their way across south California. It was kind of soothing to be rocked to sleep. Tonight the winds are forecast to pick up and gust as high as 70 mph. We may be in Arizona sooner than we think.

A last comment, Reace has supplied a slide in step outside the door with each 5.0. it has a hole for a "securing" pin. We have not yet used the pin and the step has not moved. It is very secure.

Happy trails to all you who dare to be cozy,

Old 03-09-2007, 08:23 PM   #8

Hello to you:

Our time in Desert Hot Springs has gone all to fast and we are now planning our trip east, south and then west and north with plans to be back in B.C. around May 7.

We plan to leave this area around March 22 with our first stop in
Joshua Tree National Park for two nights. March 24 and 25 should see us in Yuma. Next stop will be Tucson on March 26. We then do a short drive to Tombstone on the 28th. On the 29th we will move on to Las Cruces in New Mexico. We will depart Las Cruces on the 31, and head to Carlsbad Caverns via El Paso in Texas.

April 3 & 4 will see us in Santa Rosa. We plan to be in Albuquerque on April 5, 6 and 7 and on to Santa Fe for the 8th, 9th and 10th. April 11, 12 and 13 should put us into the Taos area before moving on to Four Corners on the 14th and 15th. It is then an easy run in Grand Canyon, south rim where we will spend a week. We will depart Grand Canyon for Zion National Park on the 24th. We will spend 3-4 nights at Zion departing there around April 27. We then move onto Provo.

We are going to miss Tony and Shell from Denver with our present plans.
Perhaps Tony and Shell could suggest a place to meet and we modify our
plans if time permits.

We will then wend our way to Umatilla in north east Oregon. From there, west down the Columbia River Gorge, then up to the Seattle area. We do not have specific dates for the points after leaving Utah but they will be in late April and early May.

Our only fixed dates, at this time, are in Grand Canyon. All other dates are flexible within a day or two. As we travel we will update you if changes are made.

If any of you can suggest RV parks in your area please let us know. If you can suggest special sites we should see, please let us know.

Finally if you know of others who would be interested in seeing the 5.0, please let them know they are welcome.

If you are a first time reader of our travel experiences and travel plans then you may respond to us on the FiberglassRV website or by e-mailing Escape Trailers at < info@escapetrailer.com> and they will forward the e-mail to us.

We do look forward to meeting many of you, as we look forward to seeing all the sites that are down the road. Tomorrow will be our 50th day in Rubea II and we have about 60 days to go. We have enjoyed our travels in the very first Escape 5th wheel and our list of problems is very short and they are all very minor. Thank you to Reace and his crew at Escape Trailers for taking the time to do it right the first time.

Happy trails to you all,

Old 03-16-2007, 07:08 PM   #9

Hello to you all:

It is just noon as I start this e-mail and we are sitting at 96F. It is warm and forecast to be warmer for Saturday and Sunday.

The A/C is wonderful and keeps Rubea II at a pleasant 76F and we have three cooler settings to go on the A/C unit. We have also found the new Max with a thermostat built in to be great at night. We set the fan where we are comfortable and the fan draws in the cool night air. Once the the trailer cools down the fan switches off. Another piece of "standard" equipment is the electric bathroom fan. If the bathroom door is left closed then the bathroom becomes a sauna in the daytime and in cold nights becomes a walk in fridge. A minute or two with the fan on and air is pulled into the bathroom from the trailer to either cool it off or warm it up. Thank you Reace.

I believe I have mentioned we do not have a "factory" table in Rubea II. Our table is larger than the factory design and has caused us some stability problems. I have installed a 2nd leg and everything is solid and we are now happy with our table. It is still a bit tight to squeeze into but a trimming off the two front corners by about 2" will solve that minor problem.

As mentioned in the last e-mail, we leave here on the 22 and spend two nights in Joshua Tree National Park. We will then travel to Foothill Village RV Park in Yuma. The address there is 12705 E. South Frontage Road (phone 866 315 9332). We are hoping to meet Bob during our stay in Yuma.

Our next confirmed stay will be in Prince of Tucson RV Park at 3501 North Freeway in Tucson (phone 800 955 3501. We look forward to meeting Gene and Linda from Tucson and Catherine from Sun City.

To Bob, Gene and Linda and Catherine please let us know by e-mail what time we can expect you. (Ian and Paddy c/o info@escapetrailer.com) If you give us your phone number we can also confirm by phone if needed.

We are then of to Tombstone and Bisbee (thank you John and Michelle) and on into New Mexico.

Our travel plans after Tombstone were outlined in the last e-mail. I will give more details from Tucson.

The next e-mails should include some photos of Rubea II in Joshua Tree Park and Yuma.

Please feel free to ask us any questions about the Escape 5.0 and we will do our best to answer them.

Happy Trails to you all,

Old 03-27-2007, 07:25 PM   #10

Name:   IMGP2055_2.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  70.1 KB

We did say we would spend two nights in Joshua Tree National Park. We had a wonderful time at "Jumbo Rock" campsite. We have to repeat "tanks a lot" to Reace. Our fresh water tank, gray tank and black tanks would have allowed us at least one more night and possibly two. The photo above is Rubea II in site 82.

What can we say about our drive to Tucson? Well, at 75 mph Rubea II really behaved herself and the air bags kept the ride quite smooth. Southern Arizona is quite flat and the blue sky just goes forever. I had to take at least one photo of Rubea II and a saquero cactus. Look at that blue sky!

Name:   IMGP2073_2.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  68.4 KB

Our next stop was the "Prince of Tucson" RV park. What a pleasure being small. We are in site #4, with shade, only because we could fit. All the big rigs were being placed along the fence. No shade, no privacy and no ambience. We have it all.

We will see the Museum of the Desert today and probably the Tucson Museum of Art. Tomorrow we move onto Bisbee. While at the Bisbee RV park we will visit the mine and backtrack to see Tombstone and of course, the shootout at the OK corral (somethings you just gotta do).

I forgot to tell you about our last "hookup". I raised the hitch pin to the correct height, opened the gate on the hitch and backed up. We were hooked on in seconds and after stowing respective hoses and raising those WONDERFUL electric jacks we were ready to roll. AND, I backed into site 4 on the first try (blind luck maybe).

Life is good.

Happy Trails to you all,
Old 04-11-2007, 08:33 AM   #11

Hello to you all:

Ruebea II is shaking as we sit on top of a wind swept hill outside Santa Fe. These are, by far, the strongest winds we have encountered. A short walk makes the eyes water and my face was stung by flying grit. We have encountered some great variations in weather the last few days. Our arrival in Albuquerque saw us sitting outside in 86 F weather and just soaking up the sun. The next day was cold (37F) and snow started to fall in the morning. Yesterday was a great driving day even though the first hour out of Albuquerque was heavy rain and mist.

In Albuquerque we were first visited by Don and Sandra, a lovely couple who love the outdoors, enjoy fly fishing and are looking for a replacement for an older f/g trailer that gave them many happy memories. We were also visited by another lovely couple, Don and Melinda who enjoyed the tour of Rubea II, and before departing told us of some highlights of their past trips and told us of places we should not miss. Lake Powell is now on our agenda. Thank you Don and Melinda for the good tips and thanks to both couples for enriching our stay in Albuquerque.

Our lives are made richer by each visit from you folks as we learn more about this great continent we live on and the places we should see. We can only say "So many places, so little time."

Name:   IMGP2151.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  78.7 KB

We are tourists, and we could not drive north in NM and not visit Billy the Kid. The Billy the Kid Museum was very interesting and seeing his grave drives home some of the history of the area.

Name:   IMGP2152.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  79.3 KB

Billy and his two life long (short lived) friends rest side by side. The friends met their end in Dec. 1880 and Billy joined them in July of 1881, shot by Pat Garrett

Name:   IMGP2153.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  72.8 KB

Old town Albuquerque. A lovely place to spend a day. It is all for tourists, but that is what we are. The adobe buildings are a common site in Albuquerque and almost the norm in Santa Fe. We thoroughly enjoyed the Museum of Natural History in Albuquerque.

Rubea II catches the morning sun as it broke over the horizon at 6:45 today.

Name:   IMGP2188.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  67.9 KB

Some of you have asked about importing a Canadian made RV into the US. Natalie, at Escape Trailers, tells me the process is very easy. When you depart Escape Trailers with your trailer or 5th wheel in tow, you will have all of the documentation required to clear customs. You will have to pay GST in Canada at the time of purchase but the full tax paid is reimbursed to you when you import the RV into the US. Your own state will give you adequate time to return home and purchase your RV license, at which time you will pay the appropriate taxes for your state.

We will depart Santa Fe tomorrow for a short drive to Taos where we plan to spend 2-3 days. From there we head into the south west corner of Colorado. We may get into Ouray but we will see Four Corners (another tourist trap?). We then travel to Monument Valley and on into Grand Canyon where we will spend a week (April 17-24). Next stop will be Bryce Canyon where we plan to meet Craig and then onto Provo to meet David.

That is enough for now.

Happy Trails

Closed Thread

Tags
gypsy