Thoughts on switching to an outdoor kitchen... - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2020, 12:39 PM   #21

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Senn View Post
...by the way if it is windy , rainy , or too cold there is always that great invention called a sandwich available . Lee and Norma
Have to say, when it's windy, rainy, and cold, the last thing I want to eat is a sandwich... unless it's grilled cheese with tomato soup! But we have been known to brave bad weather to cook something hot outside under an awning and take it in the trailer to eat.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 03:15 PM   #22

Name: Lois
Trailer: Scamp
Michigan
When we renovated our 13' 1976 Scamp we took out both sink & burners, adding small refrigerator & a cabinet-hung microwave. It generates so little heat & takes minimal cooking time.

BTW we have a vintage CampOTell kitchen that is a rectangular metal box with burner, storage space, & forms a picnic table when the legs unfold you might like. We would love to sell it, perfect condition.
Lois-sez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 07:08 PM   #23

Name: Sarah
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
Do both!

Hi, I have a 197X boler and it had a very old propane stove. The propane piping was all sketchy and I took it out. debated not having any stove inside. But in the end, I created a small compartment where the propane stove was. It has a cover that matches the cover for the sink. So most of the time, the kitchen is only countertop because we cook/live outside.. But for winter camping, I realized that some way to (re)heat soup/chilli was important. So the former stove compartment fits a small induction cook top. Super fast heating means less cooking time means less steam/moisture in the camper. And when we are winter camping, we always hook up to shore power.
Attached Thumbnails
59E8E81D-90E1-4489-A977-A30DF738F3CD.jpg  
SarahNAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 09:13 AM   #24

Name: Rolly
Trailer: Beachcomber
Manitoba
Hopefully you will get yours done up faster than I on my Beachcomber. Started on it 5 years ago and still not done. As I would strip pieces off, I would find other serious issues. I’ve started and stopped a few times on it now, going sometimes years in between. Will eventually get it done. Not in a hurry as we do have other camping units we use, a rv as well as a slide-in truck camper.

If you’re interested in selling your cooktop and fridge, I may be interested, as long as they are in decent shape.

Wishing you success with your renos. Nice to see another Manitoban working on a Beachcomber.
Rolly D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 02:01 PM   #25

Name: Nicolas
Trailer: 1978 Boler
Almonte, Ontario
I do believe the French have an expression: “Chacun a son gout” [excuse the lack of accents] which means “Everyone to their own tastes.” I’m 6’6” and love the fact that I have all the kitchen amenities in my Boler for the terrible days. But I carry an outdoor kitchen with me when we go camping since I hate having to get the smell of crab cakes or any other clingy smell out of the trailer. We cook under a pop-up screen tent which allows for bug, moderate rain and sun protection.
Nicolas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beachcomber