Calling all Cadet Owners - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-16-2009, 01:20 PM   #1

Trailer: 1986 Cadet
I need to replace all 4 of the windows in my 86 Cadet; the fixed angled one's are cracked the front one is also cracked, and the back one has been replaced with a mish-mash of wood caulk and plexiglass.

Mine is currently in storage, and I might have found a supplier (in the UK... I know $$ but my wife's has family there) But they want the dimensions of the windows since they say there were several different sizes used.

I also need info (pics especially) of the pop-top, since mine's in rough shape (no canvas/attachment) and I have found a local repair shop but need the basic design (screening locations etc) and how it's attached. I might just use heavy duty velcro....

Any info/measurements (and especially pics) would be appreciated. I'm trying to keep it basically as they were built, ie correct windows/fittings etc... but will totally be redoing the interior.

Thanks, here's the link to my pics

http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x100/ke...y/1986%20CADET/
Kenny H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 01:23 PM   #2

I know there a few of us out there............ At least I think there are a few of us...........
Old 01-22-2009, 08:18 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Kenny, we've had a couple of discussions before about the Cadet windows, looks like you're in for some REAL searching or purchasing new from the other side of the pond. Here's a good topic for you to read:
windows (Cadet)
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:03 AM   #4

I've previously searched through most of those threads and couldn't find any actual window dimensions. I know they'll be expensive to order from the UK, but as I also stated I have relatives there, so I'd ship them there and then figure out how to get them over here.
The company I contacted needed the dimensions since they told me there were several different sizes used (sounds like they used what they had in stock). And my Cadet is in storage under 2-3 feet of snow.

I knew there were only a few of us here, and was hoping someone would respond, but it looks like I'll have to wait till the spring when I go get it out of storage.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:08 PM   #5

Trailer: 1983 Captain
Quote:
I need to replace all 4 of the windows in my 86 Cadet; the fixed angled one's are cracked the front one is also cracked, and the back one has been replaced with a mish-mash of wood caulk and plexiglass.

Mine is currently in storage, and I might have found a supplier (in the UK... I know $$ but my wife's has family there) But they want the dimensions of the windows since they say there were several different sizes used.

I also need info (pics especially) of the pop-top, since mine's in rough shape (no canvas/attachment) and I have found a local repair shop but need the basic design (screening locations etc) and how it's attached. I might just use heavy duty velcro....

Any info/measurements (and especially pics) would be appreciated. I'm trying to keep it basically as they were built, ie correct windows/fittings etc... but will totally be redoing the interior.

Thanks, here's the link to my pics

http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x100/ke...y/1986%20CADET/

Hello Kenny, I have recently purchased a captain trailer at an auction and am in contact with a person at Fredom caravans for parts also. "Vicki Boden" briangibson[at]freedomcaravans.com Maybe the same people as you but worth a shot. My front window is also shot and cost is steep so I might just do the plexi glass with a nice trim. The rest of my outside is pretty good but I gutted the inside down to bare fiberglass and am starting to rebiuld. Good luck Bryan
Bryan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 02:45 PM   #6

Trailer: 88 Cadet
Has anyone considered bonding another piece of plexiglass over top of the originate]
Len Cater is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cadet