Tacoma WA Casita resources? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2021, 03:02 PM   #1

Name: AvisJo
Trailer: Casita
Washington
Tacoma WA Casita resources?

We need some work done on our 2000 Casita 16', and wondering if anyone can recommend a good RV shop or resource in the Tacoma, WA, area. We had a mixed experience with the Fife Camping World, and wondering if anyone has done better.

Thanks for your help

Avis & lare
Avisjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 08:31 AM   #2

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2008 Casita 17' SD
Washington
Registry
Personally, I do all my own work and mods. But one thing I would never ever do is to take my rig to Camping World for any repairs or installations. They're the most overpriced, and do the crappiest slipshod work you could find anywhere, and all at ridiculous prices. If I couldn't do my own fixes, I'd hire the neighbor's 12 year old to do it before I'd ever take it to Camping World.

That said, you didn't mention what kind of "work" you need to have done. A little more info on what you're looking for would help. Do you need fiberglass repair? Electrical or plumbing? Equipment or appliance repair or replacement?
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 09:23 AM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
There's a thread going on right now on the EscapeForum. The info is not specific to Escape trailers. Tacoma is close enough to Seattle, perhaps you'll get some good info there. Can you read this?

Trailer Repair in Seattle Area
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 09:24 AM   #4

Name: John
Trailer: 17' Casita
Louisiana
[QUOTE= We had a mixed experience with the Fife Camping World, and wondering if anyone has done better.[/QUOTE]

What did they mix at CW ? Can you share & describe so that the FBG community learn & steer clear of that $$$. Most RV places including CW might do a 'half' decent job on a typical 'Cheese Box' type of trailer (shown below), but your 16' FBG Casita is a totally different breed. As Greg just told you; most Casitians buy tools and study those YouTube clips that show how they can fix their very specific problems. What kind of repair are you looking at ? Most RV places are not suited to handle your trailer. If it is only a 'frame' type of repair, a good 'trailer' shop could handle it. And get a price quote first !

NOLA JOHN
Attached Thumbnails
CheeseBox10x5.jpg   primitive-old-wood-cheese-box-vintage-Cloverbloom-wooden-crate-Laurel-Leaf-Farm-item-no-b21196-1.jpg  

Attached Images

New Orleans John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 07:00 PM   #5

Name: AvisJo
Trailer: Casita
Washington
donna d: thank you! as always so helpful.

so far that Escape thread is identifying places a ways north of seattle, and we are south, but we are lurking with the best of them, and hopefully something in our area will appear. or we'll just travel a ways to get help.

thanks!

Avis & lare
Avisjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 07:26 PM   #6

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Kinda depends on what work you need done.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita