1988 Bigfoot Trailer Light Bulbs - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2007, 04:42 PM   #1

Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Deluxe B19 19 ft / 2007 Nissan Frontier V6 NISMO 4x4
Three of the rear top trailer light bulbs are not functioning. anyone know where we can get replacements and what the part # would be? I see nothing in the Bigfoot owner's manual about any replacement bulb part #s. If someone has part #s for any/all of the trailer lights, that would be most helpful, thank you!
V'sGlassSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 06:40 PM   #2

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
I assume we're talking about the clearance lamps here. Often, the same style is used on the front, back, and both sides, with the only difference being the colour of the lens - that's the case on my Boler.

There is little chance that the lamps are custom Bigfoot items, since no one making trailers would bother doing that for their tiny production volume. I found a nearly exact match for my Boler (although a different brand) in most of the RV stores. The bulbs to fit them should therefore be common.

Next, are we talking about lamps not working, or just the bulbs in them? For the bulb, I would just go to an auto parts store with a dead one and start comparing. The complete lamps might only be found from RV, truck, or trailer parts suppliers.

Val, can you post a closeup photo of one (lamp and/or bulb)?
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 09:46 PM   #3

Trailer: 1989 Bigfoot 17 ft and 1989 Li'l Bigfoot 13 ft
Hi Val,
My owner's manual listed all the replacement bulbs, and a supply of extras was one of my first purchases. They are standard automotive bulbs and you should be able to get them at any auto parts store, here in Canada I got mine at Canadian Tire of course (and a few that they were out of I found in the auto dept. at Wally World, which should have been my first stop)

The list:
Bulb # Type
1141 Kitchen, Overhead & Porch lights
1003 Hitch
1895 Exterior marker / clearance
1156 Back up
1157 Brake & turn

HTH
Lainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 12:19 AM   #4

Lainey, your BF owner's manual must be much more detailed than mine. Mine is only 2 double-sided pages without any specs whatsoever. Weird, because all the other owner's manuals seem complete (for the toilet, AC, etc.). So thank you for sharing--I printed the list out, will add it to the BF Binder and take another copy to find some new bulbs!

Thanks, Brian and Lainey!
Old 08-17-2007, 06:56 AM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Lainey, your BF owner's manual must be much more detailed than mine. Mine is only 2 double-sided pages without any specs whatsoever. Weird, because all the other owner's manuals seem complete (for the toilet, AC, etc.). So thank you for sharing--I printed the list out, will add it to the BF Binder and take another copy to find some new bulbs!

Thanks, Brian and Lainey!

Anything from the Document Center help you Val?
Document Center - Brands - BigFoot Manuals
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 08:49 AM   #6

Trailer: 1989 Bigfoot 17 ft and 1989 Li'l Bigfoot 13 ft
Quote:
Lainey, your BF owner's manual must be much more detailed than mine.
Now that I look at the ones in the document center, mine is the same as the second one, 20 pages. That should be the appropriate one for your model year also (Mine was made in late 88, but it's registered as an 89... )
Lainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 09:40 AM   #7

Quote:
Now that I look at the ones in the document center, mine is the same as the second one, 20 pages. That should be the appropriate one for your model year also (Mine was made in late 88, but it's registered as an 89... )
Excellent, what a great resource...thanks! I will print out the Owner's Manuals and go from there.

I noticed that ours is listed as an 88 but was built in June of 87.
Old 05-12-2020, 10:43 AM   #8

Name: Donna
Trailer: Bigfoot
Alberta
Owners Manual

Hello Val,
Do you happen to have a digital copy of your owners manual. I have been searching for one for some time now with no luck. Have a great day!
dvenables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 04:58 AM   #9

Trailer: Boler
Registry
I replaced all my clearance lights fixtures with LED. Less fussing around with burned bulbs and poor or corroded contacts. There are dozens of different ones to choose from.
Doug Arthurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 01:24 AM   #10

Name: Gerry
Trailer: Bigfoot
British Columbia
Hi there, sounds like you found your answer.

I might suggest changing to LED lights.

I picked up a three pack for Kree double lights for about Can $22 on amazon and replaced all my interior lights.

The amps that one of the old bulbs (approx 4 amps) draws is huge!

Now, with all of the lights on with both lights in each I barely draw 4 for them all.

This converts to more available power in the battery and longer stays when boondocking or just camping.

Also, they are cool running as opposed to the original lights which get so hot they can melt/discolour the lens covers.

They are easy to install, two wires for the light, crimp/solder the wires to the lights , four screws and you are good to go.

Never done one before?? Youtube will walk you through it...YOU CAN DO IT..I believe in you!

Happy Camping...whenever that will be!!

Cheers, Gerry
Gerry H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot, lighting, lights, tail lights