77 Trillium stabilizer legs in rear - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2019, 07:13 PM   #1

77 Trillium stabilizer legs in rear

Looking for help on rear legs for old trillium looks like they no longer spring anywhere. Can someone assist on what to purchase or do too correct?
Thanks for all replies
agreco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 07:49 PM   #2

Name: Daniel
Trailer: Sold it
Northern VA
does it look like this?

https://www.etrailer.com/Camper-Jack...er/TJ01RT.html
Old 05-25-2019, 08:17 PM   #3

Yes Dan exactly I can source one in Canada because they don't ship here. How do they fasten onto the back bumper
Old 05-25-2019, 08:37 PM   #4

Name: Daniel
Trailer: Sold it
Northern VA
Usually they attach with two bolts on top of it. I think I've seen a picture or video where it can be welded but bolting would work fine. Bolts are 3" apart, on center.
Old 05-25-2019, 09:10 PM   #5

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by agreco View Post
Yes Dan exactly I can source one in Canada because they don't ship here. How do they fasten onto the back bumper

Etrailer does ship to Canada, and they also have a warehouse in Ontario. I phone in my orders and ask them to ship from Ontario, if possible, to avoid clearing customs and UPS. They ship with Canada Post, last I ordered.
Old 05-27-2019, 12:54 PM   #6

Trailer: 1976 Boler
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
Etrailer does ship to Canada, and they also have a warehouse in Ontario. I phone in my orders and ask them to ship from Ontario, if possible, to avoid clearing customs and UPS. They ship with Canada Post, last I ordered.
Try Princess Auto - got a pair for ~$25 CAD.
Rick Heemskerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 05:21 PM   #7

Name: Mike
Trailer: 86 scamp 13’
California
Has anyone mounted these to the side of a frame? I want to install some on my scamp but am worried about the ground clearance if I mount them under the frame. I can possibly mount them inside the rear bumper since it’s just an “L” shaped bumper and they can tuck into the bumper so that they wouldn’t catch anything while driving down dirt roads and such.
Mcat89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 07:24 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-NS27 View Post
Usually they attach with two bolts on top of it. I think I've seen a picture or video where it can be welded but bolting would work fine. Bolts are 3" apart, on center.

Mine are welded to back bumper do I have to cut off and purchase new ones or just the inserts
Old 05-30-2019, 05:30 PM   #9

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500
Registry
I bought my replacement stabilizer jacks at Princess Auto - Canada.
Was able to use the existing welded on bracket - might have to spread with a rod or use a hammer to restore proper gap if bent. Bought a new hex-bolt with a nylon locknut to secure it from hardware store; a little wrestling getting the the spring on but nothing difficult - don't take them both apart at the same time so you have a reference. I think I had to grind off the pin to remove the new bracket.
Attached Thumbnails
20180525_152816.jpg   20190530_080915.jpg  

Chris McVeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 06:14 PM   #10

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Great idea of reusing welded portion!
Old 06-05-2019, 10:57 AM   #11

Trailer: 1990 13 ft Scamp / 1978 Volkswagen Westfalia
Registry
Scamp stabilizers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcat89 View Post
Has anyone mounted these to the side of a frame? I want to install some on my scamp but am worried about the ground clearance if I mount them under the frame. I can possibly mount them inside the rear bumper since it’s just an “L” shaped bumper and they can tuck into the bumper so that they wouldn’t catch anything while driving down dirt roads and such.
Mine are mounted just as you suggest, inside the L of the bumper.
Conrad S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 11:29 AM   #12

Name: Dave
Trailer: Trillium
Alberta
This is what I have. I like that it is continuously adjustable, not steps. Bought it at a local RV shop. Not sure of the brand.
Attached Thumbnails
Stablizer 3.jpg   Stabilizer 2.jpg  

Stabilizer 1.jpg  
4suresure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 05:18 PM   #13

Name: Dave
Trailer: Trillium
Alberta
Hi Agreco. This is how those stabilizers are screwed on. I angled them so the 2 screws on outer edges overlap the frame and bumper. They came with self tapping screws but I pre-drilled anyway. Steel is pretty thick.
To remove the ones you have looks like you can undo the bolt and pull them off. The part welded to the frame shouldn't be in the way and you might be able to use them for a future accessory.
Attached Thumbnails
stabilizer 3.jpg   Stablizer 4.jpg  

4suresure is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium