Got new carpet for walls and ceiling - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2017, 03:58 PM   #21

Name: Todd
Trailer: 2018 ParkLiner /2015 casita spirit deluxe
Georgia
ollies

try ollies outlet
Toddv78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 04:03 PM   #22

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Google "marine headliner." That's what "rat fur" is, and there are a variety of different textures and colors available beyond Scamp's basic brown. It can be installed directly onto the fiberglass shell.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 05:43 PM   #23

Name: Ilene
Trailer: 1981 Perris Pacer
California
Wink Marine Headliner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Google "marine headliner." That's what "rat fur" is, and there are a variety of different textures and colors available beyond Scamp's basic brown. It can be installed directly onto the fiberglass shell.
Thanks. I am not concerned about resale value. Just want more warmth for us. It got down to the high 30's at night on our drive from Colorado to California. The curtains were cold (damp?) in the mornings. They are not right up against the Windows. I am thinking now of somehow putting cardboard, maybe with that tin "foilish" stuff on. But, then again, maybe I'm "foolish"...
Ilene Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 05:38 AM   #24

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
anything

Ilene my 40ft bus had 1/2 in foam glued all over then naugahide glued to that. You can do it yourslelf but beware the 3m glue is stinky and toxic!

a good headliner replacement place can do it for you also.

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 06:31 AM   #25

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Got new carpet for walls and ceiling

Opening a window or vent an inch or two will help with the dampness. Breathing releases a lot of water vapor into the cabin, and it will condense wherever is finds a cold surface, especially windows. Pieces of Reflectix (the tin "foolish" stuff with bubbles in the middle) covering the windows will help a lot- Velcro tabs to hold them in place, perhaps.

Getting something on the walls will help a little, too.

It doesn't take a whole lot of heat to raise the temperature in such a small space. If it doesn't have a furnace, most people find a small electric heater on low does fine with hookups.

For the future, if you plan to camp a lot in colder temperatures, a furnace is a good investment. If it's only an occasional thing, it might be better to use a heater and pay for electric.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 09:35 AM   #26

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
my heat method

I use a wave 3 heater no battery power required. you can read up on it on Amazon!

for safety you must crack a window and your upper vent. Very cheap to run I took a month trip in feb some 20d wx got back and still had a 1/2 tank left.

you just crack the window not open it all the way as some people seem to think. I have even seen them in the 500k rigs!

good luck

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
perris pacer