1977 fiber stream bathroom - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2017, 03:11 PM   #1

Name: Ronda
Trailer: Fiber Stream
South Dakota
Registry
1977 fiber stream bathroom

just wondering if anyone has completely removed the tiny lil bathroom. I just cant see using it. Im 5'2 and barely fit in there.
I was just thinking if I removed that, the tiny pantry and the closet I could make one whole wall of storage.
would it hurt the value in the future???
rondar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 11:10 PM   #2

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1982 16 ft
Registry
Ronda;

For me with a wife and two daughters, a trailer without a bathroom was a non-starter. That's why I landed up with a Fiber Stream. When you look at the trailers we have, this is the smallest one with a full bath.

Vic
Victor Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 11:47 AM   #3

Name: Mike
Trailer: !977 KingsleyGMC, 1968 Bailey Mikado
Nova Scotia
Quote:
Originally Posted by rondar View Post
just wondering if anyone has completely removed the tiny lil bathroom. I just cant see using it. Im 5'2 and barely fit in there.
I was just thinking if I removed that, the tiny pantry and the closet I could make one whole wall of storage.
would it hurt the value in the future???
People buy them because they have a bathroom..any size! I fear if you modified as you are thinking the value would become slightly above zero. Use it as a closet if you don't want to use it as a bathroom but don't remove it !
panhead_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 12:13 PM   #4

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Is it a full wet bath with sink and shower, a toilet with holding tank only, or a porta-potty closet? Is it functional, or could it be made functional without too much work? A bathroom, even a small one, might be nice to have for midnight runs, Walmart overnights, and the occasional campground with dirty or crowded bathrooms.

It might be worth trying it out for one season. If you do decide to turn it into storage, leaving the walls and plumbing in place would make the decision reversible if you, or a future owner, find your needs have changed.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 12:16 PM   #5

Name: Ronda
South Dakota
Registry
Its a full bath. I will prolly leave it.
rondar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 09:46 PM   #6

Name: Frank
Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream
Nevada
Registry
Turning bath room into storage closet

For me the bathroom is a must have because my wife will not use most of the toilets in our National Parks. They are just not something that she can do. Our bathroom gives her a clean place to use and also take a quick shower at night. It is worth the space for us but you might, like others have suggested, turn the bathroom into storage with some removable shelves or something not permanent so your trailer can be converted back to having a bathroom in the future by you or the next owner.
Have fun with your Fiber Stream!
canyon Rafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 03:35 PM   #7

Name: Randy & Ranae
OR - Oregon
Registry
Fiber Stream Restroom

Ditto for keeping the restroom. Quite a value in resale, works well for storage. Removing the restroom would involve removing walls that create the structure of the roof and Kitchen. These are critical for keeping the trailer alive.

Don't remove any walls without adding additional structure. I'd even add, don't add an air conditioner to the roof without adding structure by adhering the framed walls to the shell, or adding structure to the roof itself.

TTFN!

RnR
OR335d is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fiber stream