Trillium interior fibreglass floor/body paint + replacement furnace install - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Maintenance | Restoration | Modifications | Problem Solving > Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-24-2022, 10:30 AM   #1

Name: jagbor
Trailer: Trillium
British Columbia
Trillium interior fibreglass floor/body paint + replacement furnace install

Hi! We own a 1973 Trillium 1300 trailer that is currently getting the body and paint done on it but I want to focus on the interior now. I have seen great posts re how to primer/paint the ensolite so will follow those. My question is what are people painting the floor and fibreglass supports around the closet and entire sink/cupboard area with? Sanding first w 80 grit and then prime/paint? Has anyone painted the inside of the cubby hole compartments under the front gaucho and the rear? If yes, with what? Prep? If not, is it because the fibreglasss needs to breathe vs completing sealing it up? I am just trying to make it cleaner for storage of things.

Our trailer did not have a furnace as the PO removed it. A replacement cannot go where it was originally as that space now has 2 cupboard doors for storage. I thought I saw a pic where someone installed it in the base of the cubby where the water tank usually goes? Is this possible and if yes, can I still use the original exterior vent grille with ? hose/tubing from the back of the furnace to the grille vent? Any recommendations of furnaces would also be appreciated.....I think the original was a Suburban model.
Thanks and have a wonderful day!
JuliusB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 02:46 PM   #2

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500
Registry
My storage cubbies had an old adhesive that I removed by sanding and wiping down with lacquer thinner.I then painted the area with Tremclad or Rust-Oleum RV white.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20220406_150612146.jpg   IMG_20220406_150738702.jpg  

IMG_20220406_154024928.jpg  
Chris McVeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 03:21 PM   #3

British Columbia
Thanks Chris for the reply. I just want to clean up the area and have the cubbies look clean and tidy! Have a great day!
Old 04-18-2022, 10:54 AM   #4

British Columbia
Also-our cubbie holes are only accessible from the top and not the front/sides. Have u cut new holes in the front/sides and added new doors etc for easier access? If yes, what tool did you use to cut the fibreglass? Any issues with possibly weakening the overall structure/integrity of the trailer if this is done? Thanks again for any help!
Old 07-09-2022, 10:05 AM   #5

Name: Ben
Northwest Territories
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris McVeigh View Post
My storage cubbies had an old adhesive that I removed by sanding and wiping down with lacquer thinner.I then painted the area with Tremclad or Rust-Oleum RV white.
Did you use 80 grit sandpaper
TrillBill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace, paint, trillium