Trillium 1300 - 1970s Book Value - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-31-2022, 11:17 AM   #1

Name: Sam
Trailer: In the market
Ontario
Trillium 1300 - 1970s Book Value

Has anyone registered a 1970s trailer recently in Ontario Canada and know what the book value is for taxes?

Thanks in advance.
Sam McCleave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 12:27 PM   #2

Name: Pat
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 19 Deluxe
Enchanted Mountains of Western New York State on the Amish Trail in Cattaraugus County!
NADA book only goes back to 2014 for the Trilliium, So anything before 2014 is what ever the market will bear. Forget trying to get a loan on one. You would have to get a personal loan.

This is what Thrifty Bill said a year ago: "$10,000. Molded FG trailers are red hot right now and Trilliums even more so. Will need belly band and window work. Don’t paint could be cleaned and polished. Frame is a plus!. It will sell in ten minutes for $6,500.

As far as posting for sale, just put it up one one spot. Keeping up with multiple ads is a PITA. You could put it up here and direct people to a C/L ad. Like anything on line, be wise to scammers.

One simple technique to avoid scammers is to require a first name and zip code in any ad. Scammers don’t read ads or answer questions. It’s all automated,. Do replies all within Craigslist’s system. Don’t get redirected. A lot of people are careful with their phone number. Zip code is non-threatening. Ditto first name.

I add this line to the beginning and end to all of my ads: “Scammers are KILLING Craigslist right now. To avoid these scammers, put your first name and zip code in your response and I will get right back to you. All other replies will sadly be deleted. Thanks for your understanding!!!” You have to be smarter than the scammers."

Go here to get some ideas of what you're up against: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...+trillium+1300
parmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 12:41 PM   #3

Ontario
Looking for value for taxes on vehicle registration

Hi, Just to clarify, in Ontario when you purchase a trailer, you have to pay 13% tax on the value. I am not looking to know what it's actually worth or trying to sell a trailer. I am interested to know how much I will have to pay in tax when I take ownership of a trailer that I am buying from a friend for less than the market value.
Old 05-31-2022, 01:03 PM   #4

Name: A&B
Trailer: 2011 Casita SD
Ontario
13% of what your bill of sale says you bought it for.
AandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 01:23 PM   #5

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Just give the clerk the bill of sale and don't offer any other comments.
A friend gave me a boat and trailer as a gift. I made a joke about owing him a turkey dinner. The clerk reprimanded me, because that would no longer be a gift.
Old 06-08-2022, 12:03 PM   #6

Name: Mindy
Trailer: 13’ Boler
Ontario
Just bought a 74 in Ontario and paid 13% tax on the number written on the bill of sale.
Gmindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 12:06 PM   #7

Ontario
Trillium 1300 - 1970s Book Value

Gmindy - Thank you!!
Old 06-08-2022, 12:19 PM   #8

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Am I to understand that Ontario charges sales tax on a used trailer? Wow!
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 07:58 AM   #9

Name: Ray
Trailer: Holidaire
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam McCleave View Post
Has anyone registered a 1970s trailer recently in Ontario Canada and know what the book value is for taxes?

Thanks in advance.

Haven't registered one in ON, but here in BC they generally accept the purchase price to base the tax on. Since that's generally quite high for an old trailer lately, ouch! Here in BC we pay both fed and prov tax on registering. Whether used or new. Most provinces don't charge the prov tax on used.
matthfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 08:42 AM   #10

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthfam View Post
Haven't registered one in ON, but here in BC they generally accept the purchase price to base the tax on. Since that's generally quite high for an old trailer lately, ouch! Here in BC we pay both fed and prov tax on registering. Whether used or new. Most provinces don't charge the prov tax on used.
I guess there are advantages to living in the wild west, (Alberta). I have never paid sales tax on used vehicles, trailer or tow. Trailers are registered only once, for as long as you own it. The last time I registered a trailer, (quite some time ago) it was something like $110 CDN. There is no title.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium