L’air Trillium - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2022, 02:26 PM   #1

Name: Robert
Trailer: L’air Trillium 1300 on order
Ontario
L’air Trillium

After over 6 month waiting period I’m requesting deposit back from L’air Camper Company in Waterloo,On, Canada.
Since 2019 only 15 units have been released to customers.
The company still promising 4 months delivery to new customers.
Too bad, it looked promising at some point.
For those intrested there is facebook group you can ask to join and read more about it.
sliwka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 05:17 PM   #2

Name: Jack
Trailer: Casita Liberty
Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliwka View Post
After over 6 month waiting period I’m requesting deposit back from L’air Camper Company in Waterloo,On, Canada.
Since 2019 only 15 units have been released to customers.
The company still promising 4 months delivery to new customers.
Too bad, it looked promising at some point.
For those intrested there is facebook group you can ask to join and read more about it.
We ordered a fiberglass camper a few years ago & the wait time was over a year. They went out of business and we lost our $10,000 deposit. We learned to go with a bigger more reliable company.
jgilliam1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 05:53 PM   #3

Name: Robert
Trailer: L’air Trillium 1300 on order
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgilliam1955 View Post
We ordered a fiberglass camper a few years ago & the wait time was over a year. They went out of business and we lost our $10,000 deposit. We learned to go with a bigger more reliable company.
The problem is the owner giving false statement about delivery date (4 months) knowing he is so behind.
I’m just speechless when it comes to such a dishonesty.
sliwka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 06:09 PM   #4

Name: Dave
Trailer: Scamp
North Carolina
I've built musical instruments for years. Many years ago, I was building custom banjos part time while I did my full time job as an IT guy. Realizing that my time building would be sporadic, depending on what was happening in my day job, I refused to take a deposit at all for instruments. These were all custom jobs that might or might not be something I could sell to anyone else, but I couldn't offer a definite or even semi-definite timeline for delivery. I had a very long waiting list, and never failed to sell an instrument when it was complete. And I usually got them done within a reasonable amount of time.

But, like with campers, there was a pretty good overhead on my part with expensive parts and materials. Having a day job, I could afford to take the chance. I was capitalized to a degree that allowed me to build without requiring deposits.

Under capitalization is probably the number one reason that small businesses fail. In the case of the $10K deposit, that was obviously the case. But I think that there are otherwise honest people doing business who take deposits but can't deliver the goods within a reasonable period of time. The ones who won't make it good in the end are dishonest, but there are others that might just be overwhelmed (as I was).

I ended up cancelling orders I had taken since I wouldn't be able to get them done within a reasonable amount of time. Ticked some folks off, and understandably so. But I hadn't taken any money from them.

It's frustrating, especially when you're dealing with one of the dishonest folks, but I do believe that there are those out there who simply overestimate their own capacity and end up disappointing their customers.

And then there are crooks...

Dave
theremin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 07:13 PM   #5

Name: Joel
Trailer: Casita SD
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgilliam1955 View Post
Yep - The deposit should be proportional to the company's reputation.

No established reputation = No deposit.
JoelInTexas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium