1985 UHaul CT-13 on eBay (Minnesota) - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2019, 07:59 PM   #1

Name: Chris
Trailer: Scamp
MN
1985 UHaul CT-13 on eBay (Minnesota)

Located in Minnesota. Listed as a "No Reserve" Auction-

https://www.ebay.com/itm/163759328256#viTabs_0
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5454.jpg   IMG_5484.jpg  

IMG_5540.jpg   IMG_5515.jpg  

XBeatzX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 08:40 PM   #2

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Looks to be in real good condition. Furnace and ice box are gone, not original wheels so possibly axle has been changed, rubber door bumper is missing, bunk hinge gone. Has the rare window louvers. Numbers listed as the VIN are actually Uhaul unit numbers. These trailers had the 17 digit VIN numbers. Worst issue would be rotted frame or floor. Looks like it had a good owner in the past that took good care of it.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 09:11 PM   #3

MN
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
Looks to be in real good condition. Furnace and ice box are gone, not original wheels so possibly axle has been changed, rubber door bumper is missing, bunk hinge gone. Has the rare window louvers. Numbers listed as the VIN are actually Uhaul unit numbers. These trailers had the 17 digit VIN numbers. Worst issue would be rotted frame or floor. Looks like it had a good owner in the past that took good care of it.

Hello, thanks for the info, really is appreciated. I wasn't sure if this unit originally had a furnace (it was plumbed for it) or a Fridge (no exterior vent), thanks for clarifying that it indeed did. It did seem to tow very well, so it is possible that axle has been changed at some point. I'll get underneath and give it a good look and see if I see anything. I did mention the Vin in the description, I can see the plate underneath and one near the tongue that I believe contains the VIN number, just has some corrosion on it and hard to see. I gave the outer frame a good look, (that runs the perimeter underneath) and see just one spot of corrosion (about the size of a peanut) near were the water outlet is, floor seems rock solid. Seems like a nice solid camper overall.
Old 07-01-2019, 05:53 AM   #4

New York
I've heard the VIN may be stamped on the frame at the front, but on top and below the shell so almost impossible to find. Some Uhauls may have had a data plate on the inside of the cabinet door that is below the sink. Also some had a short piece of iron pipe welded to the frame with caps on the end. Some owners have found old registration papers in there. Ours did not have the document tube or the data plate. The VIN was on a piece of label maker tape on the front window frame. EDIT; no fridge, just an ice box
Old 07-01-2019, 09:50 AM   #5

MN
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
I've heard the VIN may be stamped on the frame at the front, but on top and below the shell so almost impossible to find. Some Uhauls may have had a data plate on the inside of the cabinet door that is below the sink. Also some had a short piece of iron pipe welded to the frame with caps on the end. Some owners have found old registration papers in there. Ours did not have the document tube or the data plate. The VIN was on a piece of label maker tape on the front window frame. EDIT; no fridge, just an ice box
Thanks for the info, you gave me a treasure map with an X marks the spot at least. Im going to get out there today with a wire brush and a fine tooth comb and see if I can track it down. I'll report back.
Old 07-01-2019, 10:13 AM   #6

New York
I've also heard that the VIN may be stamped near or possibly under the coupler. Apparently your state does not require a title for that size trailer so selling with a bill of sale is all you can do. Finding the correct VIN would be a plus.
Old 07-01-2019, 03:49 PM   #7

MN
I thought I got lucky, welded towards the rear of the trailer was that document holder you mentioned. Inside was another plastic tube that was empty (dohh). I did find this metal tag, just forward of the Axle that looks like it does have a 17 digit number along the bottom. My guess is that is the VIN. It just has so much corrosion on the tag, you just can't make it out (also not much room to fully crawl under). I did gently go at it with a brass head brush, but I don't want to mess with it too much and wear anything away, so will just let the new owner sort it. My hunch is the VIN is also labeled somewhere else, but it's hiding from me. The good news is I looked over the frame and bottom with a microscope, and everything looks really well kept. Underneath Fiberglass is perfect, and frame and hard gas line is straight and in nice shape. The Axle is bolted on, unlike the welded on Axle of our Scamp, not sure if that means it has been replaced or not. Well, it got at least one bid, so it looks like it's off to a new home either way. Thanks much again for the info, I'll know what to look for now if I ever come across another one of these.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5572.jpg   IMG_5573.jpg  

Tags
uhaul