Taillight adapters 84 u-haul - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2020, 05:18 PM   #1

Name: David
Trailer: Uhaul
North Carolina
Taillight adapters 84 u-haul

I need to get tail light adapters for my 84 u-haul ....i found some made by Gary Roy’s but the email listed is no longer valid....any thought on where to get formed fiberglass or aluminum pieces that would allow my to use a square or round taillight. Thanks david
DaGoines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 06:09 PM   #2

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Gary Roys no longer is making the fiberglass adapters (they were really good) He turned over the molds to someone else that was going to make them, but since we sold our Uhaul last year, and I recently left the Facebook group, I don't know what has happened with that project. The aluminum adapters were actually a part for old Uhaul cargo trailers but could be adapted to the campers. Uhaul no longer lists them under their camper parts, actually no camper parts are listed on their website anymore. I had a couple sets of the aluminum adapters and one set of Gary's, but sold them some time ago.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 06:46 AM   #3

Name: Gary
Trailer: UHaul CT13
Iowa
Bob is correct.
I contacted the fellow I sold the molds to in January, and he's still very much interested in making them---he's just had a busy stretch, life-wise, and hasn't gone into production of them yet.
Hopefully before too long they'll be available. When they're available, if he only posts on the FB U-Haul page, I'll aim to cut-n-paste the information over here as well.
Gary Roys
Old 10-03-2020, 04:34 AM   #4

Name: Gary
Trailer: UHaul CT13
Iowa
I think the taillight adapters will be available fairly soon. In late August, Lynh Nguyen posted this on the Facebook U-Haul page, where he got 37 "comments"... most of those in the form of "I want a set."
Attached Thumbnails
20-0821 LynhNguyen Post !!.jpg  

Tags
light, u-haul