American Sport Trailer "Genesis" - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2009, 07:09 PM   #21

Trailer: Genesis
Quote:
Robin -- No question about it, 2800# is a lot of weight for a 12' trailer. And, for those for whom weight is a key consideration, the Genesis is probably not the best choice. I sold my 1800# Scamp because I wanted lighter weight -- I went to a 600# LittleGuy, and I can tow it with just about anything. The Genesis seems like the Cadillac of minimalism -- very small, but loaded, and built apparently to last forever. My point isn't that it is "better" than other brands, because the criteria for "better" varies for each person. I just think it is a great option for someone who wants small, comfortable and maneuverable, but isn't so concerned about weight. (Plus, the cooking odors and grease splatters stay outside!)
Hi Paul, You are correct that the Genesis is very heavy for it's size but again, I have to say this is probably the most well built FGT for it's size and absolutely built to last. Folks have to remember that it is a sport trailer and built to endure the elements and ruggedness of different terrains. It has several steel skid plates on the bottom to protect the tanks etc. I pull this one with a V6 engine and have had absolutely 0 issues with the weight. I have also added a screen tent with solid drop downs around the kitchen area if it is needed for privacy etc but have not used it yet. I'm one of the lucky ones that don't have a lot of rain. I'm glad to hear you like the Genesis, I just can't say enough good about it and it was the right choice for my wife and me but everyone has their own requirements and needs. Thank you and everyone else for your comments and input.
Wes Abundis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
genesis