North Carolina beach campground recommendations - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2020, 09:03 AM   #21

Trailer: 2002 16 ft Scamp
We were at Frisco two weeks ago and it was reservation only. That appears to still hold true, from the website this morning

"At this time, reservations must be made through Recreation.gov or by calling 1-877-444-6777 for dates within the period indicated above, up to six months in advance."

On our visit, I made a mistake on the site I reserved and it was too short for our needs but the gate attendant cheerfully let us pick from any site that had not been reserved.

It also seemed more people were there than what I've seen in the past. This could be because Cape Point was closed due to flooding (and it still was last week when we made a day trip with our grand daughter). Oregon Inlet and Ocracoke looked to be at 80%+ capacity so reservations would probably be a good idea even if walk-ups were allowed.
Al and Cindy K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 09:39 AM   #22
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Thanks Al for the update. I'm staying close to home for the foreseeable future. I have no desire to get sick on the road nor do I wish to spread the disease. While I did read the reservation statement on the web site, originally there was a statement saying the only way to get a site was through recreation.gov, so I was hoping walk ins were again allowed. I only go in early May or October, nor am I that fussy about my site, so crowds have never been an issue. With the varying weather, especially in the fall, I prefer paying day to day. I gave up fishing a couple of years ago so I don't stay as long as I used to and the trip gets more expensive each year.
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 02:09 PM   #23

Name: Jim
Trailer: Casita 17 SD - sold - Lance 1475
Tennessee
We were at Frisco about a month ago and it was all reservations then. They were only reserving about one out of three sites so it was not crowded at all. Pretty hot, though, and there are no hookups.
jimiller5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eco