Lil Snoozy back? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-14-2019, 03:04 PM   #1

Name: Robert
Trailer: In the market
South Carolina
Lil Snoozy back?

I just drove by the plant where the Lil Snoozy was produced and there was a sign saying, “We’re Back” and another sign about a Snoozy II. Hope this is not a hoax
Sleeper931 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 04:37 PM   #2

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Hope they handle deposits a lot differently this time!
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 07:40 AM   #3

Name: Douglas
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
MD
Registry
The manufacturers of the Lil' Snoozy galvanized trailer frame, Wesco, have reportedly resurrected the trailer as Snoozy II. There are periodic Facebook posts from the new owners about status but it still seems a bit in the future.
Air Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 10:29 AM   #4

Name: R.T.
Trailer: Big Foot
Georgia
You know what they say...You Snooze you loose...
dblcola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 11:20 AM   #5

Name: Jack
Trailer: Casita Liberty
Virginia
Yep they are back. Not open yet. We had one on order & when we lost out, we bought a Casita. Because of that we found out an all electric camper would not of worked for us. My wife loves the closet. We have used the propane more than we thought. It's nice to use it during a rest stop, use the propane for hot water or heat while resting while you travel. Best advice I have read was to rent a camper & see what you like.
jgilliam1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 01:55 PM   #6

Name: Rick
Trailer: Scamp
Minnesota
https://snoozy2.com/
Rick In Mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 06:35 PM   #7
KJK

Name: Karl-Ludwig
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Illinois
Yep, Lil Snoozy is back thanks to WESCO, the manufacturer of the galvanized undercarriage of the original Snoozy.

We met the new Snoozy team at the 2019 Camp Snoozy held at Charleston, SC. What we heard was impressive, especially when their immediate goal includes working with those folks who made a down payment for a Snoozy without having had the opportunity to take possession.

This is not connected to the class action suit in any way, but an honest offer by the owners of Snoozy II. Not sure how they progressed towards that goal, but it sounded sincere, especially when learning that the person in charge of WESCO trailers has been assigned to help resurrect Snoozy.

We also learned that one of the 1st steps was to rehire former Snoozy staff actually involved in building the original Snoozy.

My suggestion as a very happy 2016 Snoozy owner is to be patient and keep looking for Snoozy trailers with the new logo, namely Snoozy II.

FYI: the consensus of all Snoozy I owners attending the 2019 Camp Snoozy was very positive in terms of WESCO's general reputation.

By the way: Comments like "you Snooze, you loose" may sound funny to a few folks but not appropriate when a new comer on the block is offering to help without being obligated to do so. Perhaps it makes more sense to embrace positively the idea of ones down payment towards a Snoozy I being worth something towards a Snoozy II. Obviously working out those details is between Snoozy II and those still hoping to end up with a Snoozy, even if it is a II instead of none.
KJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 03:40 AM   #8

Name: John
Trailer: Roamer 1
Smith Valley, Nevada
Thanks Karl for that excellent post.

Do you know anything about the original molds and if they had to either make new ones or do a lot of repairs to them? I seem to remember talk of that being a problem too. The trailer in the link in post #6 looks excellent. I wonder if that is a new finished Snoozy ll?
Old 12-16-2019, 10:44 AM   #9

Name: Charlie
Trailer: 2014 Lil Snoozy
North Carolina
Registry
They are going to use the original molds. They did have to refurbish them. Their last post on FB indicated they had the factory prepped and were waiting on final material shipments. We don’t know yet about what they will do on deposits. They told us at The Charleston rally that the new Snoozy 2 will be a gray color. They are looking at producing off road and hunter versions as well as supporting the Lil Snoozy from the previous company.
charlsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 02:52 PM   #10

Name: Stephen
Trailer: Holiday Rambler
Arizona
Snoozy2 rebirth

This really pisses me off! They are virtually featuring the same trailer they took 45 family’s money in deposits in excess of $12,000+ and closed the doors a year ago and left these families high and dry!
My advice, do not put a deposit down on this trailer. You may never see it again.
Taho125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 03:03 PM   #11

Name: R.T.
Trailer: Big Foot
Georgia
Quote:
By the way: Comments like "you Snooze, you loose" may sound funny to a few folks but not appropriate when a new comer on the block is offering to help without being obligated to do so. Perhaps it makes more sense to embrace positively the idea of ones down payment towards a Snoozy I being worth something towards a Snoozy II. Obviously working out those details is between Snoozy II and those still hoping to end up with a Snoozy, even if it is a II instead of none.
It is appropriate you sir are wrong.
dblcola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 03:12 PM   #12

Registry
IMHO I would have dropped the Snoozy name entirely. It has the bad reputation (well deserved!!) from taking millions from people and delivering nothing.

It’s OK to reuse the basic design and shape. Hopefully Wesco has adequate financial backing to make it go this time. They may well have lost a lot of money too from the Snoozy bankruptcy. Typically everyone loses in a bankruptcy: customers, investors, suppliers, banks, and employees.
Old 06-18-2020, 04:51 PM   #13

Name: Stephen
Trailer: Holiday Rambler
Arizona
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblcola View Post
It is appropriate you sir are wrong.
First of all, I did not say you Snooze, you loose. You obviously did not loose thousands of dollars in this deal. I waited a year to find out they closed the doors one month before my trailer was to be delivered. The new company most likely has no plans to help the 45 families that lost their money. I am not wrong. I just state the FACTS!
Taho125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 04:58 PM   #14

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Not much will be happening this summer anyway with all the shut downs. It could be they will make it to the production phase, it could be they can't survive this Covid 19 situation.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 07:22 PM   #15

North Carolina
Registry
I don’t know if they will survive or not but they are selling trailers as fast as they can build them. They have no connection to the previous owners. I agree that a complete name change would be better. I know the guy in charge and he is committed to producing a quality product.
Old 06-18-2020, 09:19 PM   #16

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
No connection? I thought they were the company that made the trailers on which the shells were mounted. That makes them a major supplier for the old Lil Snoozy.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 08:26 AM   #17

North Carolina
Registry
They sold the old company frame and axles. The old company left owing Wesco a lot of money. Any connection would be more like the lost deposits folks. To be clear, there is no relationship between the old and new company except for monies owed by the old owner to Wesco. Snoozy 2 is a seperate company from Wesco but is owned by Wesco’s owners. I believe the new company is BarDak RV.

I am a fan of the Snoozy design and I own one of the old ones. I have no connection to to either company. I do want them to have a chance to succeed. The new manager tells me they are going to help out any of the lost deposits people with discounts on the new unit.

This is public information. Anyone can call Shaun at Snoozy 2 and talk to him.
Old 06-19-2020, 08:41 AM   #18

Registry
+10 left high and dry by original Snoozy company. They were a supplier. I would not expect the cabinet maker that supplied Snoozy with cabinets to repay lost deposits. Nor would I expect Wesco that supplies the frame. Snoozy suppliers lost $$$ just like Snoozy customers.

As I mentioned before, I would not have kept the Snoozy name, it’s pretty toxic right now. With the name comes the baggage attached to it.

Bankruptcies are messy and lots of people lose money. This was one of the really bad ones!
Old 06-19-2020, 09:01 AM   #19

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
By pointing out the connection, I was not implying there is any obligation to honor the lost deposits, merely that the new owner is not a disinterested third party. They have skin in the game. No doubt they hope to recoup their own losses through profits on the new trailer. Not saying that’s wrong, just an observation.

From what I’m hearing the price will jump significantly and seems more in line with other newer offerings in that size class. Makes me wonder whether the old Snoozy was operating on razor-thin margins in an effort to compete directly with Scamp and Casita. That’s tough because they’re well-established with in-house frame and shell production and economies of scale.

An LP option would be nice at some point.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 10:47 AM   #20
Commercial Member

Name: Shaun
Trailer: Snoozy II Camper
South Carolina
Snnozy II is here and we are building units and taking orders

Snoozy II is a new company that is open and operating currently. We are building units similar to the ones before with some small changes to the construction.

I am aware of everything that has been going on with the former company as we did sell them trailers. We have no business with the former company. I am terribly sorry for those families that lost out on what the former company did. I will do my best for any of those people that lost out in getting them a tremendous discount on the new Snoozy II. I couldnt imagine how that could have been nor could I imagine that company coming back. I get it, but I have been given a job to do and I am going to do it to the best of my ability.

I have learned every ounce of the Snoozy from former Snoozy owners (thank you guys), and just plain hard ass busting work to learn this the correct way.

We have our journey on our Snoozy II Fb group and I welcome any questions. I am here to learn, sell campers, and become the best little fiberglass manufacture we can be so let's keep that straight. There is no bs behind the lines here nor do we plan on doing anything other than what we say. My name is Shaun Palyok, and I am available by phone for any questions or concerns. We are kinda busy currently thanks to our friends at the Rose Runaway Roadshow so if I do not answer I will get back to you.

Lastly, we kept the name because there are over 300 Snoozy owners out there currently and we want to support them as well them support us. I have met a ton of you and I will continue to meet more. If it wasn't for them we would not be where we are so the name stayed because of you guys. Thank you again and again to the people that are helping put this camper back in the campgrounds.

The best way to contact us is to email me but if I can talk on the phone I will. I am sure there is alot of people that have comments, questions, concerns about this and that with what happened with the former company. I am not interested in talking about that as I have Snoozies to build. I will however forward to you to my boss Mark Forsyth or the owner Les Barsony for any type of questions concerning that.

Shaun@wescotrailers.net 803-600-4412
ShaunSnoozy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lil snoozy