I bought a Lil Snoozy!!! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-12-2019, 05:46 PM   #21

Name: Mike
Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottieLV View Post
We call ours a Scotty (it was once a Snoozy before we were treated so badly by Richard). Production build #213. Picked it up at the factory and towed it across USA home with our Tesla Model X. We have done extensive interior mods to include white cabinets, overhead cabinets, retractible shower door, etc. We use ours as was intended. We camp at RV campgrounds that have 30A electric and water. Works fine for us. We are retired couple with 3 small dogs. We have since purchased a F150 to tow with (getting 18mpg). We are about to head out on a "Around the USA" trip with our Scotty. We will drive up to Montana, across upper peninsula of Mi and then to Atlantic coast in NH. From there SW down to Scottsboro and across to Natchez, finally back through Tucson to Vegas. The trailer tows great and it is very practical for 2 people. We would be happy to share pics if you are interested. We know you will like your Snoozy Adam, but fair warning, it can become a money pit. LOL. Make it fit your lifestyle.
Your post prompted me to look at the map of supercharger locations. It's already pretty extensive along the expressways. But I was wondering, how much (what percentage of a full charge) can you get on 120V in an overnight campground stop? Also, how is your range when towing the Snoozy?
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 06:01 PM   #22

Name: Adam
Trailer: 2014 Lil Snoozy
Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Doug View Post
I am eager to see your rooftop solar installation as it develops. I would like to do the same but not directly on the roof because of the heat. Please do start a new thread for that when you begin as I think there will be a lot of interest.

Also, it would be great if you couild start a thread when you do your lithium battery conversion. I am always on the lookout for great new ideas. Do check out the thread of my conversion at
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ozy-85205.html
There were definitely some surprises and it is not a drop in as some might believe.

The reality is I'm finding the Snoozy to be absolutely amazing but it may not be the fit I wanted and I sadly may end up selling it.

The rooftop solar and heat aren't an issue but the panel frames need to be 3-4 inches off the roof. Some people use the flexible panels mounted right on the roof and I doubt they know the thermal gains they're dealing with.

Either way I'm doing a lifepo4 system, negotiating now for a group buy with some people in 48 of the 90 amp hour cells. I would end up using 16 of those with a high quality BMS and building my pack. I need to get about 4,000 watts out of it and need it for $275 or less per kwh.

Either way I will keep you all posted.
TucsonAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 02:16 AM   #23

Name: Adam
Trailer: 2014 Lil Snoozy
Arizona
I have posted it for sale in the Facebook group, it's an amazing unit but sadly will not work for my specific travel style and needs.
TucsonAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 09:37 AM   #24

Name: SCOTTIE
Trailer: Lil Snoozy on order
Nevada
Registry
I am replying to Mike Magee. Yes, you can get a full charge at campgrounds using the 30 amp charger overnight. Full charge means 250 miles of range, but cut that in half towing and you get a travel range of 125 miles. Sorry I just read your post today.
ScottieLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 04:08 PM   #25

Name: Carl
Trailer: LiL Hauley
Syracuse, NY
We traveled 15, 716 miles on our Alaska trip this summer and never plugged in to shore power. The truck charging and 200 watts of solar kept everything running. We did not use any AC. The truckfridge is the largest draw and the 100 AH LFP battery never got below 30 percent charge. The worst time for solar was in the redwood trees in California. Not much light comes thru. We lost about 20 % per day. Love the LFP technology.

Tags
lil snoozy