Several questions about Bigfoot 25B25RQ/RT - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2021, 12:08 PM   #41

Name: Steve
Trailer: Shopping for Bigfoot
Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by pachewheels View Post
We have a 2019 25RT in Owings MD if anyone is interested in seeing it. My wife and I currently live in it. Before we bought ours, we also wanted to see one in person before committing. One couple who lived around 400 miles away finally responded. We were, and still are, very grateful for their kindness. Simply offering.
Juan, my wife and I live near Baltimore and are strongly considering a 25B25RQ. The layout is very similar to the B25RT. We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to see your trailer. Let me know how to contact you. Thank you!
SteveCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 01:12 PM   #42

Name: juan
Trailer: Bigfoot
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveCS View Post
Juan, my wife and I live near Baltimore and are strongly considering a 25B25RQ. The layout is very similar to the B25RT. We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to see your trailer. Let me know how to contact you. Thank you!
Hey Steve, hope you get this and sorry for not seeing it before. Our Bigfoot is sold. Hope you have better luck finding one to look at.
pachewheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 11:28 AM   #43

Name: John
Trailer: Bigfoot 25B25RT 2018
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfootfamily View Post
Hello,

.... For me, not only is the overall layout more to my liking but it offers sofa seating along with the table seating. The second door beside the bed seemed odd when we first got this trailer but I have found it useful when sited for more than one night, certainly when I am going in and out and my wife is working in the kitchen.
I very much agree with your views here. I recently acquired a 25RT. In life many choices tend to come down to trade offs. For me the 25 RT offered a few high priorities:

1. Twin Beds
2. Increased viewing areas both from (dinette) and rear (twin beds).
3. Very good interior storage.

Now that I have had a chance to experience the 25RT on a few trips I'm not disappointed in the view. The twin beds offer actually more sleeping space and better access. The storage is quite incredible and we have room to spare.

What was the trade off? Here's some things that actually support the 25FB:

1. Seating in the 25RQ/RT dinette is less than perfect. It offers little support. When you stretch out your head hits the sloping window or window frames. We often just seek incredible comfort by going to the rear bedroom area. No extended sitting at the dinette. The FB has a sofa. That would be nice.
2. The bathroom is incredibly small and difficult to maneuver in. We've set up a make shift expansion into the hallway with a quick set up shower curtain. Fortunately it is not an area that most of us spend a lot of time in.

The 25RT provides even more advantages for us (and a few more disadvantages) but the top two priorities mentioned above won out for us. No regrets. The views really add to the outdoor experience so often associated with the RV/camping experience. Compared to previous RV's, the increased storage reduced frustration and increased organization. The outdoor storage is really pleasant as well, particularly due to the front storage pod.

The overall construction of a Bigfoot truly is very solid comparatively speaking and depending on your priorities either one would be worth serious consideration.
John Razzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 09:10 AM   #44

Name: Mark
Trailer: BIGFOOT
TEXAS
Thank you Rzrbrn (henry) for ALL of your input on BIGFOOT trailers.I also have seen you on bigfoots website.I also read your response to the person wanting opinions from Bigfoot owners.RICK M seemed to be offended by your response.there was definitely nothing wrong with what you wrote,SHOCKED that anybody would have a problem with your post much less respond with negativity.sometimes you have to walk in another man’s shoes to understand him.mabey he can’t fix his POOP pyramid & uses a 5 gallon bucket.that would put anybody in a bad mood.suppose to receive our 2022 BIGFOOT 25TR Soon,thanks for your POSTS
Guidefisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 11:44 AM   #45

Name: Henry
Trailer: BigFoot
Tennessee

Thank you, Mark. The is the third season we have had the BF 25RQ. It has proven to be very tough. One relatively minor issue with buying a foreign trailer is getting a replacement part. I had a broken rear window and it took several months just to get a notification that a replacement was available. Rather than wait I had purchased a US made replacement window and had it professionally installed. The installation was well done but the window itself leaks, so back to the installer I go. This season I broke the skylight over the bathroom. BF responded quickly this time and I immediately ordered a new skylight which can only be ordered as a complete set; skylight and frame. It has only been about 6 weeks since the order was placed and I hope to get it this week. All good.
Old 11-25-2022, 08:15 PM   #46

Name: Shawn
Trailer: 2021 Bigfoot 25B25RT. Prior units: 2019 Escape 21, 2001 Casita SD17
Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzrbrn View Post
Thank you, Mark. The is the third season we have had the BF 25RQ. It has proven to be very tough. One relatively minor issue with buying a foreign trailer is getting a replacement part. I had a broken rear window and it took several months just to get a notification that a replacement was available. Rather than wait I had purchased a US made replacement window and had it professionally installed. The installation was well done but the window itself leaks, so back to the installer I go. This season I broke the skylight over the bathroom. BF responded quickly this time and I immediately ordered a new skylight which can only be ordered as a complete set; skylight and frame. It has only been about 6 weeks since the order was placed and I hope to get it this week. All good.
Just a bit of follow up regarding ordering parts from Bigfoot. Last week I ordered a new table leg and wood veneer for our 25b25rt from the Bigfoot factory. All showed up today, so maybe availability is getting better.
buellfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 10:50 AM   #47

Name: Henry
Trailer: BigFoot
Tennessee
My replacement skylight just arrived from Big Foot. Called Grant
Saturday, Nov 5, his team responded the following Monday, very timely indeed. Paid $360 for the skylight and frame ,and $160 to ship. It came well protected in a plywood box which was intact. Upon opening however, the frame of the skylight has a bent flange that sits directly on the trailer roof. I am going to take it in to an RV Service shop to see if it can be used. If not, I will ask for a replacement. I did not take a pic of the shipping container because it was intact and solid. The unit was well packed inside the container. It appears the frame was bent prior to being put into the container, but maybe not, I suppose it could have shifted inside the container. Moral of the story: Take a pic of the shipping container prior to opening, even if it looks uncompromised. If anything is amiss with the unit take pics from different angles. This is a minor issue but it is irritating. Really quite pleased with the company and their response.

I apologize for my earlier estimate of a 6 week turnaround. It just seemed like a very long time.

Tags
bigfoot