87 Bigfoot cooktop repair or replacement - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2022, 09:01 PM   #1

Name: Nick
Trailer: Lil bigfoot
British Columbia
87 Bigfoot cooktop repair or replacement

Hi all
I just purchased my first trailer about a month ago, 87 lil bigfoot. The previous owner didn’t use many of the appliances or electrical and didn’t do much maintenance for about 7 years. I’ve been going through everything and getting it all functional. So far so good with the help of this form and a little ingenuity.
Today I got to the cook top(2 burner wedge wood). The previous owners said it worked until last year and then they couldn’t turn the knobs anymore. I pulled it apart and got one of the burner controls out. It was full of gunk and seems to be seized. I can’t get it to budge. Any thoughts of freeing it up or recommendations of a replacement two burner cook top(12x17)? I can’t seem to find anything online about this unit let alone parts.
Nick G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 08:10 AM   #2

Name: Nick
Trailer: Lil bigfoot
British Columbia
I finally got the old unit freed up, cleaned up and working. After oiling and working it with pliers off and on for a few days finally it came free. It pretty much fell apart on its own… After I got the first one loose the second came apart easier knowing that the valve is cone shaped, fitting in a cone shaped hole in the valve body. I assumed the valve was pressed into the valve body and couldn’t come out so I was just trying to turn it with pliers while pushing to get a better hold with the pliers. Wiggling and pulling freeded it up easily once it was soaked in oil for a couple of days.
I’m sure there are other threads on this but hope this helps someone else down the road.
Nick G is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot