Bigfoot camper 11' - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2022, 01:37 PM   #1

Name: joanne
Trailer: Bigfoot
British Columbia
Bigfoot camper 11'

Hi, We've tweaked the camper, looks great for age. Just made sure everything was looking as original as possible. No glamping, more boondocking.

The kitchen sink just started to leak this year, we think its around the drain basket. The ABS P traps and drain under the sink look wicked, and difficult. Any suggestions on streamlining the repair? I might as well change the P taps and drain while we're at it.The collar around the strainer basket is a bit corroded as well. so we'll be changing that over as well. I hate the fact that the campers (most brands) were built in layers without any consideration of future repair and access. However, love my Bigfoot.

PS, we had our cook top re-chromed for $200, but it has increased the resale value by $1000.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3670 (1).jpg  
jlwatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 09:09 AM   #2

Name: Ellpea
Trailer: 1989 Lil Bigfoot
CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlwatt View Post
Hi, We've tweaked the camper, looks great for age. Just made sure everything was looking as original as possible. No glamping, more boondocking.

The kitchen sink just started to leak this year, we think its around the drain basket. The ABS P traps and drain under the sink look wicked, and difficult. Any suggestions on streamlining the repair? I might as well change the P taps and drain while we're at it.The collar around the strainer basket is a bit corroded as well. so we'll be changing that over as well. I hate the fact that the campers (most brands) were built in layers without any consideration of future repair and access. However, love my Bigfoot.

PS, we had our cook top re-chromed for $200, but it has increased the resale value by $1000.
I don’t have suggestions for your sink repair, but that is a pretty amazing setup! Is your camper permanently installed on the trailer? I would love to see more photos of how this works!
Old 07-30-2022, 12:32 PM   #3

British Columbia
Another view of forward cupboard and spot for a CanAm Outlander Quad

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllPea in CA View Post
I don’t have suggestions for your sink repair, but that is a pretty amazing setup! Is your camper permanently installed on the trailer? I would love to see more photos of how this works!

Click image for larger version

Name:	967FDBD9-0BA1-463B-9A00-58512B60F0DD.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	438.7 KB
ID:	146726
jlwatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 12:47 PM   #4

British Columbia
Another view with quad in place

Quote: