79' Trillium Jubilee Frame Questions - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2022, 09:29 PM   #1

Name: Jacob
Trailer: Trillium
Alberta
79' Trillium Jubilee Frame Questions

Hi,
Just started the resto on my 79' Jubilee. I have read here that these trilliums had some issues with the frame breaking near the front of the trailer and that the manufacturer fixed it with reinforcement.

What I am wondering is if what I'm looking at on my frame IS this type of reinforcement. The diamond shaped steel that is welded on the side of the frame at the common break point, its on both sides. See pictures.

Can anyone confirm if this frame has been reinforced?
Attached Thumbnails
Frame Reinforcement 1.jpg   Frame Reinforcement 2.jpg  

Livingstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 09:39 AM   #2

Name: Paul
Trailer: Trillium Jubilee '79
Newfoundland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingstone View Post
Hi,

Just started the resto on my 79' Jubilee. I have read here that these trilliums had some issues with the frame breaking near the front of the trailer and that the manufacturer fixed it with reinforcement.

What I am wondering is if what I'm looking at on my frame IS this type of reinforcement. The diamond shaped steel that is welded on the side of the frame at the common break point, its on both sides. See pictures.

Can anyone confirm if this frame has been reinforced?

Those exact same plates are also on the frame of our 1979 Trillium Jubilee. I believe they were factory made that way.

Did you by chance have to replace the sub-floor under your front bench /counter?
Terranovafox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 11:30 AM   #3

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Jacob, Those plates are what Trillium added to the 1300 and 4500 models to prevent frame breaks. I think you're fine.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium