Camco Olympian Wave Three Propane Heater for our Trillium 4500 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Maintenance | Restoration | Modifications | Problem Solving > Modifications, Alterations and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-29-2022, 05:25 PM   #1

Name: Shangie
Trailer: Northwood Nash 22/1977 Trillium 4500
Washington
Camco Olympian Wave Three Propane Heater for our Trillium 4500

OMGosh do we love this little unit in our new to us Trillium 4500. On low it doesn't blow us out and it heats very nicely and oh so quietly. The forced air furnace on our 22' trailer is so noisy and I hated it but this, this I love.

Small footprint but cannot be recessed like the Wave 6. That was not an issue in our 4500. It went just to the lower left of the large closet wall near the floor following specs and we were still able to retain the pull out tilting drawer there. Seems like a gentle heat without flame.

Found this through Camping World for far less than anywhere else.

Will have pictures soon as I can take them.
Shangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 11:25 AM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
I’m sure you know this already, but for the record, this is an un-vented heater, so follow manufacturer requirements for ventilation carefully and install a CO detector (in addition to smoke and LP detectors).

It also adds water vapor to the cabin. It shouldn’t be too big an issue in Arizona, but if you take it to more humid climates, you might need to bump up the ventilation a notch to reduce excessive condensation.

It’s important to keep dust off the heating pads, so it should be covered when not in use. It’s all in the manual.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 12:09 PM   #3

Name: Shangie
Trailer: Northwood Nash 22/1977 Trillium 4500
Washington
Yes, the manual tells us all this and we wouldn't have propane in anything enclosed without a CO detector. I assume people read their manuals and are aware of hazards but when we led Airstream rallies we were surprised at how many attendees would come up to us after a safety seminar and disclose they had no idea of the particular hazard, especially the one of over heating their electrical systems, something common when people use 1500 watt appliances. Rving is fun but one has to respect the inherent dangers involved in propane, electrical and other systems that get jostled while taking us to wonderful places.
Shangie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane, trillium