L'Air camper - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2022, 10:49 AM   #21

Name: Storm
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Ursacki View Post
She placed her order in August and her order number was 50. Has anybody received their trailer and how do they like it, also what order number was it?

So far, only one "2021" model that we know of (there is also someone that bought their 2020 "demo model"). I think the owner is also on this forum. It was order #1.

Edit: see https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...tml#post835387
chemicalstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 01:19 PM   #22

Name: Robert
Trailer: L’air Trillium 1300 on order
Ontario
New update youtube video:
https://youtu.be/C5px73vz6TQ
sliwka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 05:17 PM   #23
Sid

Name: Sid
Trailer: Parkliner 2014
Wisconsin
New update?

https://youtu.be/C5px73vz6TQ
The question mark is because I am not sure if this YouTube link will work.
The video was uploaded about 8 hours ago so I don’t believe it has been posted here yet.
This is the first look I have had at the frame. I am definitely not an expert but am surprised at how minimalistic it looks where it exits the body and rises to the hitch.
Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 12:39 PM   #24

Ontario
2 L’air tralers ready for pick up

https://youtu.be/s8xFD2JwGgg
https://youtu.be/dRHJhX273pY
Old 03-14-2022, 06:00 PM   #25

Name: Dave
Trailer: Shopping
Michigan
U. S. Delivery

Has anyone from the US ordered a L’air? If so what is the process to get it into the US?
Redneckyankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 07:12 PM   #26

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Ursacki View Post
She placed her order in August and her order number was 50. Has anybody received their trailer and how do they like it, also what order number was it?
PM sent
Old 07-27-2022, 10:11 PM   #27

Ontario
L’air Trillium Heritage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliwka View Post
Hi,
Just ordered 1300 with bunk beds after a private tour in Waterloo, Ontario factory.
Impressive, quality built trailers I can say.
They are small but practical, but I do have one complaint: there is no outside access to storage compartments.
Other than that amazing; many european parts/accessories are used like:
Windows, fridge, awning,bike rack etc.
You cannot go wrong with 2 piece fibreglass without
any wood it can roth.
Delivery beginning may, can’t wait
My 2 cents
Robert from Ajax, Ontario
Cheers
UPDATE!
End of july and still no trailer!
Not even close ‘cause only 17! units left the factory so far.
We requested our deposit back and the owner has refused it!
I visited him personally and he laughed on me and said with cynical smile on his face that he never promised anything to anybody.
That’s a lie! My wife was a witness when he assured us that we will have that product in 4! Months.
We filled complain with Customer Protection Ontario.
There is plenty unhappy customers they have lost 2 camping seasons already.
He does have clause in the contract ‘non-refundable’ deposit of 20% total price.
But he cannot trump Ontario law.
On top of it he keep promising 4-5 months delivery to new customers!
Dishonest person!
Old 07-28-2022, 07:54 AM   #28

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
So sorry to hear this report, but not surprised. I am glad you're taking action with authorities to prevent them from continuing to accept deposits they can't fulfill.

Building a molded fiberglass trailer is a lot more difficult that a lot of people realize, and under-capitalization is the biggest cause of failure. Not sure why, but the Trillium design seems exceptionally difficult to revive, with multiple failed attempts over the years. Outback is the lone survivor, and it also has a very shaky reputation (BBB gives it an "F" rating), but it does seem to hang on with a trickle of deliveries.

The owner's attitude would make me really angry!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 09:28 AM   #29

Ontario
L’air Camper Trillium

Quote:
The owner's atttude would make me really angry!
He is attentive till he receives deposit.
Nice, answering all questions, fast returning emails
And then he is diffrent after deposit is placed.
Cynical, ruth, non cooperative with bunch of crazy excuses like: he cannot produce campers ‘cause squirrel bite into his generator and left him without power.
Old 07-28-2022, 10:00 AM   #30
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
The Trillium is a good design. The trailer should sell itself, yet this is the fourth attempt to produce them and it appears to be doomed. It seems simple. Produce a trailer with good fit and finish and deliver it on time. Both Scamp and Casita figured it out years ago.

What the guy doesn't realize is that we live in the internet age. When people are treated poorly they talk about it. And the first thing most prospective buyers do is an internet search. Do a search for L'Air and this thread shows up right after all the expensive to produce sales videos. As for your deposit, I suspect it paid the electric bill a long time ago. Could be worse. When Lil Snoozy went out, folks lost thousands.
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 10:18 AM   #31

Ontario
L’air Trillium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz View Post
The Trillium is a good design. The trailer should sell itself, yet this is the fourth attempt to produce them and it appears to be doomed. It seems simple. Produce a trailer with good fit and finish and deliver it on time. Both Scamp and Casita figured it out years ago.
Exactly Raz!
Doing a start up company (even under Imagine Fibreglass) you have to be honest to your current and future customers.
Every rv fibreglass manufacturer has long waiting times.It’s ok for some and it’s not for others.
I expressed myself about buying used Casita from south US, but the owner assured and convinced us with 4! Months delivery date.
And he keep doing it! I have proof.
Messing with peoples dreams is cruel.
There is one lady who ordered L’air Trillium for husband’s 65th birthday (2 years ago!). I wish them many many camping trips, but life is never certain.
Bad and sad story.
On top of it there is rumours that Trillium trademark holder is after L’air Camper.
Go figure!
Too bad I didn’t know all above before.
I did really believed in that product.
But that was in past, now I’ll fight for my money back, same as others.
Old 07-28-2022, 11:46 AM   #32

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz View Post
The Trillium is a good design. The trailer should sell itself, yet this is the fourth attempt to produce them and it appears to be doomed. It seems simple. Produce a trailer with good fit and finish and deliver it on time. Both Scamp and Casita figured it out years ago...
And Escape, Oliver, and Happier Camper more recently.

All were well-capitalized. Oliver has a thriving residential fiberglass operation that supported the initial development and production of the trailers. Happier Camper had a rental and renovation business before they embarked on the development of the HC1. I'm thinking they may have had other sources of start-up funding in addition. Eveland's built mobile homes, I believe, then took a contract to build Bolers in the US and were handed the design and molds, which they later used to build the Scamp when Boler American folded. Not sure how Escape got started.

Based on Mikmay's reports on behalf of Happier Camper, it was not simple at all! They burned through a lot of cash building the prototype and setting up the initial production run. They had to resolve both design and production glitches and completed a number of trailers before they sold the first one.

An under-capitalized business tries to start selling before they are capable of building, and it snowballs. To attract customers, they may sell at a price that doesn't even cover their production costs because they didn't accurately anticipate them. Then personal integrity comes into play as they decide whether to conceal the miscalculations.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 11:58 AM   #33
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
While the process may not be simple, what the public wants is. Good fit and finish and timely delivery. When I bought my Trillium, I ran into the same thing. Unfulfilled promises and creative excuses. It's deja vu all over again.
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 08:34 AM   #34

Name: Charlie
Trailer: Trillium 1300
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliwka View Post
UPDATE!
End of july and still no trailer!
Not even close ‘cause only 17! units left the factory so far.
We requested our deposit back and the owner has refused it!
I visited him personally and he laughed on me and said with cynical smile on his face that he never promised anything to anybody.
That’s a lie! My wife was a witness when he assured us that we will have that product in 4! Months.
We filled complain with Customer Protection Ontario.
There is plenty unhappy customers they have lost 2 camping seasons already.
He does have clause in the contract ‘non-refundable’ deposit of 20% total price.
But he cannot trump Ontario law.
On top of it he keep promising 4-5 months delivery to new customers!
Dishonest person!
Wanted you to know I have also filed a consumer protection complaint against L’air Camper Company/ Imagine Fiberglass for the exact same reason. While supply issues are understandable the owner should have known the delivery dates he provided to customers were extremely unrealistic, given he has never delivered a camper within that time frame (4 month delivery). I fear I will not get my deposit returned or a camper, with the economic changes L’air Camper Company is not likely to survive. I wish I found this forum before I paid my deposit, but hope I can help others make a more informed decision before they order from L’air Company. There are +79 orders and delivery as of now of <20 campers.
Fiona138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 09:40 AM   #35

Ontario
L’air misrepresentation

I think first few people will get theirs deposits back.
Others who lives in pink clouds and beliving whatever Jim Ashton sending in so called ,Production updateds’ will not.
There is another Trillium re-make in Alberta who is using same pattern.Deposit and misrepresentation of delivery dates.Name of that company is Outback.
Will file complain to BBB and detailed google review.
Old 08-07-2022, 11:08 AM   #36

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
All these new entrants seem to suffer from the same problem, "under capitalized". When you order from someone new who has yet to deliver a finished product, that is very risky. And as others found with Lil Snoozy, even a company delivering product is not a guarantee you will see your trailer.

Its really sad. Hoping everyone either gets the trailer of their dream or a prompt refund.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 02:57 PM   #37

Ontario
Are you aware there is private facebook group?
Old 11-12-2022, 02:43 PM   #38

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona138 View Post
Wanted you to know I have also filed a consumer protection complaint against L’air Camper Company/ Imagine Fiberglass for the exact same reason. While supply issues are understandable the owner should have known the delivery dates he provided to customers were extremely unrealistic, given he has never delivered a camper within that time frame (4 month delivery). I fear I will not get my deposit returned or a camper, with the economic changes L’air Camper Company is not likely to survive. I wish I found this forum before I paid my deposit, but hope I can help others make a more informed decision before they order from L’air Company. There are +79 orders and delivery as of now of <20 campers.
Fiona,
Any luck with Customer Protection?
Old 11-13-2022, 02:55 PM   #39

Trailer: Predom Prespol (N126N) Captain
Registry
L'air campers sitting on a dealer lot

I am in Erin, Ontario at the RV dealer on Highway 24 and there are 2 new L'air campers sitting on the lot. We stopped to look since I was wondering what they were as we were driving by.

No price posted on either one.

I don't know why the pix are upside down. I've attached them both ways and they do not want to be right side up.🤬
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20221113_153328248_HDR.jpg   IMG_20221113_153235784_HDR.jpg  

Jennifer Minogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 03:18 PM   #40

Ontario
L’air sold at a dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Minogue View Post
I am in Erin, Ontario at the RV dealer on Highway 24 and there are 2 new L'air campers sitting on the lot. We stopped to look since I was wondering what they were as we were driving by.

No price posted on either one.

I don't know why the pix are upside down. I've attached them both ways and they do not want to be right side up.🤬
There is 60-70 or more customers waiting for those trailers with tausends of dollars in deposits and instead offering them to next in the line ,they are selling in dealership.
Go figure!

Tags
trillium