76 Trillium Gravity furnace-?? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2022, 06:54 AM   #1

Name: Matt
Trailer: trillium
MI
76 Trillium Gravity furnace-??

I am re-installing the Duo-therm gravity furnace the PO removed. I see on some photos the bulb valve/sensor is outside the furnace. Mine is currently vertical behind my gas valve. Is it supposed to be outside? is that some sort of mod/improvement?

I have fixed/cleaned my pilot jet and now it activates the thermocouple..so it stays on and I can hear the gas valve... "boing" so I suspect the main burner orifice is plugged, so that's the next project.

Pic below of one of the pictures that caused my question.
Attached Thumbnails
furnace cover.jpg  
c6matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 08:13 AM   #2

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Nice looking furnace grill. Many grills of that style are missing lots of the louvers. I think people try to adjust them and snap them off. They are not adjustable. Or is that one yours?

The bulb is the temperature sensor. Strapped to the gas valve, or outside the furnace, makes little difference. The operation of the furnace would change, but you would get used to it either way. I think it looks better on the gas valve.

I have done a tear down of that furnace:
https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...1hu-94007.html

The gas valve as well:
https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...a02-86546.html
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 10:30 AM   #3

MI
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
Nice looking furnace grill. Many grills of that style are missing lots of the louvers. I think people try to adjust them and snap them off. They are not adjustable. Or is that one yours?

The bulb is the temperature sensor. Strapped to the gas valve, or outside the furnace, makes little difference. The operation of the furnace would change, but you would get used to it either way. I think it looks better on the gas valve.

I have done a tear down of that furnace:
https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...1hu-94007.html

The gas valve as well:
https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...a02-86546.html
Thanks for the reply. I actually got that pic from this site as an example of the bulb placement. My Duo-therm has a metal grille.
Old 08-02-2022, 06:44 PM   #4

MI
Solved the issue, I pulld it apart and found the main orifice plugged, also found 2 wasp nests, presumably from when the furnace was in storage. I cleaned it all out, and it looked to be in good shape. Put it back together and now It works beautifully. I fully closed up the camper and it got incredibly warm, but reading 0ppm on my CO meter. Good to go!

Tags
furnace, trillium