13' scamp kitchen oval window - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2020, 04:21 PM   #1

Name: Tim
Trailer: in the market
Washington
13' scamp kitchen oval window

Does anyone have a source for scamp windows? I'm looking for the 13' scamp kitchen oval window. I don't see it on the scamp website and can't seem to find one anywhere online.

Thank you
nakizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 06:33 PM   #2

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
Do you have the original?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakizo View Post
Does anyone have a source for scamp windows? I'm looking for the 13' scamp kitchen oval window. I don't see it on the scamp website and can't seem to find one anywhere online.

Thank you
If you have the original for a pattern, a local window place should have the skills to cut you one. (glass or plastic)

AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 09:44 PM   #3

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
It’s a crank out window. I have it in my 2008 13’ galley. I assumed he wants to replace the whole thing, not just the glass. It was discontinued a number of years ago.

Often windows can be repaired. If that’s not possible, consider ordering whatever Scamp is using in the same spot now. Last I checked it was a larger center awning window. More light and better ventilation than the original. Cutting the opening larger is no big deal.

The alternative is a a very pricey custom window. Hardly worth it for such a small one.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 10:04 PM   #4

Washington
It was missing when I purchased it. There is just a plexiglass window glued in its spot. The crank and window are missing, just the frame.
Old 07-06-2020, 10:08 PM   #5

Arizona
Registry
Then I’d probably opt for the current Scamp galley window. Check with Scamp or online. As long as it’s the same or larger in both dimensions it should work with a little trimming of the fiberglass.
Old 07-06-2020, 10:14 PM   #6

Name: Alexander
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1300
New Hampshire
Quote:
It was missing when I purchased it. There is just a plexiglass window glued in its spot. The crank and window are missing, just the frame.
Tim, is the part that pivots outward that held the pane of glass still there? If yes, you can probably repair that window. The crank mechanism is available I believe at Vintage Trailer Supply. Post pictures from outside and from within. Here is what the outer part looks like:
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200704_194227144.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	270.7 KB
ID:	135859
These were used on many campers so you might want to check with RV salvage yards.
Here is a possible replacement on E-Bay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Small-Vinta...gAAOSwasBe7VMQ
Alex Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 10:24 PM   #7

Arizona
Registry
What year is your Scamp? I was picturing a different oval window. Better yet, how about a picture of your window?
Old 07-07-2020, 12:37 AM   #8

Washington
I'll take a look tomorrow but I think the frame is still there, just no crank and original window. The previous owner just sealed a piece of plexiglass there to make it watertight.
The trailer is 2005.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20200630_112900.jpg  
Old 07-07-2020, 06:51 AM   #9

Arizona
Registry

That’s the one I have. The glass would be easy enough to replace, but I’m not sure about the crank mechanism. Honestly, it’s hardly worth saving in my view. It doesn’t open very far, the crank mechanism is finicky and fragile, and it occasionally allows a little rain water to spill onto the galley counter due to the shell leaning inward.

The new one Scamp uses looks nicer. I’m not seeing it in their parts store, so you’ll have to call. That’s the best way to order anyway, and you’ll want to ascertain the dimensions.
Old 07-07-2020, 08:00 AM   #10

Washington
Yeah, I think you are right. I contacted Scamp and they don't make it any longer. They suggested the updated 11x18 slider. I was hoping not having to cut the fiberglass but I think I'm going to replace it with the larger window.

Thanks for the help everyone.
Old 07-07-2020, 08:15 AM   #11

Arizona
Registry

That’s a bummer, because a slider can’t be left open in the rain. For a while they used a small center jalousie window, but I guess that’s gone, too. Plus side is sliders are pretty bulletproof (figuratively, not literally...).

I think Hehr supplies windows for Scamp. You could look to see what they might have. They’d be custom builds, though, and probably more expensive.

You could also search RV salvage companies for a used take-out that might be a close fit.
Old 07-07-2020, 08:16 AM   #12

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Yeah, I think you are right. I contacted Scamp and they don't make it any longer.
Scamp never did make the windows, they're buy Hehr (now Lippert). Maybe you can get a replacement from the manufacturer or they can give you a source: https://www.lci1.com/rv-windows
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 10:42 AM   #13

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
I'll take a look tomorrow but I think the frame is still there, just no crank and original window. The previous owner just sealed a piece of plexiglass there to make it watertight.
The trailer is 2005.
The crank assembly can be bought separately, however I recommend replacing the window with a better one.
I assume that yours is the window formerly offered in the front bath at Scamp like in the photo below. It has proven to be of inferior quality.
I sealed the one in my front bath and installed a small powered roof vent like Scamp now uses.

I really like my somewhat larger kitchen window and highly recommend a retrofit.
Attached Thumbnails
thumbnail.jpg axle6.jpg  
floyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 11:02 AM   #14

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp Side Dinette and 2005 Fleetwood (Coleman) Taos pop-up / 2004 Dodge Dakota QuadCab and 2008 Subaru Outback
Registry
I got a replacement for my torque arm from Pelland Enterprises a couple years ago. Glass might be replaceable at a local glass shop. The entire window comes out fairly easily for transport to a glass shop.
I also replaced the window seals at the same time, the old one had shrunk and was pulling away from the corners.
Attached Thumbnails
Window torque arm.JPG   IMGP1589.jpg  

IMGP1573.jpg   IMGP1610.jpg  

radar1-scamping.blogspot.com
Radar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 12:25 PM   #15

Arizona
Registry
Thank you for that link, Dave. One of the little plastic wheels on mine has a chipped spot that sometimes wants to jump the track. It still works- just have to baby it, but if it gets worse, I now know what the part is called and where to find it.

Haven't decided if I will fix it or go with the larger window as Floyd suggests. It would be nice to have more ventilation toward the front of my S13, but it's currently the only window I can leave open in the rain.

I've bookmarked the link just in case.

Tags
scamp